1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson says Rockets told him "there is no truth" to rumors he is being shopped

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's good to hear. Now if he's traded, we know.

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Please keep the rumor alive. It appears to be working.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Ty Lawson is OUR point guard!!! Why would we EVER EVER EVER, EVER give him up?

4. rocketshopeful

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

there better not be. way too early to trade talent like that. cant blame everything on the coach or one player. the whole team is a mess.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was 99er

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

For real, lol..... If only I bothered to make an account in 99! Then I could come up with clever stuff like tinman and co!! :) unfortunately I failed the city and the forum, FML

9. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

It has been said that starting as a point guard on a new team is more challenging then other positions because the pg is the floor general- responsible for running the teams sets, plays, feeding the hot hand & getting others involved.

As we have seen before with the Rox, the starting PG has to be more of an off-guard/SG because Harden is the true starting point guard so it becomes a more challenging task no matter how talented he may be.

It is good that the Rox made it clear that he will not be shopped so he can focus on being one of the TOP PG's in the NBA which he has proven that he is. Even when Beverley was injured, I still preferred that he launch off the bench earlier in the season due to his and the teams struggles and because he will eventually Thrive playing his natural position which is Attacking, Play-Making, and Scoring (all of which the bench needs when Harden gets a breather). And also because Terry helped the Rox reach the WCF as a starter.

To an extent, the delay was understandable due to the new head coaching adjustment and because teams must go thru some growing pains for long term gains and to become stronger. When Lawson is able to regain his true form and rhythm with the team(which we may now be seeing) they can always integrate him back to the starting lineup if necessary. He also needs to be more of a factor defensively as do all of his teammates.

#29 djperm, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm glad. Didn't like the trade anyway.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

..... However if he had value he'd have been traded yesterday... Lol, "look Ty, we're not going to to lie, we looked around and we didn't get a lot of offers" - note I'm not serious, I'm hoping he can turn it around and find a spot on the team because realistically the Rockets are going to need a 2nd playmaker to have any shot of doing something in the playoffs, I mean if not it's pretty much Harden having to run the whole offense 48 mpg (nothing wrong with that, just don't want him getting tired/burned out before the real grind starts).

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Cant remember a player saying that and still getting traded..not good business

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My very same thought. Of course, doesn't mean he won't be shopped at the deadline or before June 30th.

Maybe cybrex's source is reporting that BKN called Morey. Morey likes to talk on the phone, but doesn't mean he's shopping Lawson.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, it was Brooklyn, cyberx said his source was from their office.

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

Technically he wouldn't be wrong if a deal was already in place.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I never believed Lawson was being "shopped".

That's not how you treat good players if you want to attract other good players. You don't want to be known as THAT organization.

Cyberx said the rumor came from brooklyn. So maybe someone from their side inquired about Ty. Listening to offers isn't the same as shopping a guy.

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

Good. Now let him handle the ball more.

18. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Can someone link to the CyberX info?

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I don't think he believes them. He just reported what they told him. He knows it's a business. Maybe he'll give more effort because he might land on another team.