1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson on working with James Harden and what Steph Curry wont get away with again..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Sep 30, 2015.

1. HookemHorns1250

I agree with what he said.

That being said, I'm more concerned if the NBA actually forced the refs to
    watch our games against Golden State and were able to learn what a moving screen is.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't play defense, Ty. You'll catch Bogut's illegal screens and probably break your hip.

3. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He disappeared I dunno

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...

I don't think even the biggest doubter of this trade could have predicted this. It is genuinely unbelievable how atrociously useless he is.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i forget he's on the team sometimes...until he steps on the court. Then I wish I could forget him again.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He just has no confidence out there. Will take the ball at midcourt and look to pass it off. Sad. I thought he was turning the corner too but I guess it was just against the scrub teams.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lawson might be the most disappointing player I've seen in a long time. He fell off really bad. Rob Kardashian of the NBA.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Can we leave any "trash who should not be named" references out of this forum...forever?

Maybe Clutch can filter the name like he did with "YOF" for a while.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

sober lawson sucks

he was better when he was getting them DUIs

someone spike his gatorade

12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hes a point guard who needs a system and space to be at his best.... with the Rockets ... he is Patrick Bev. Jr.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Watch this video. Granted these are highlights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zwXMCxfyOsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To me, watching this video, I can tell Lawson's problem this season is not especially related to his role. He looks 5-6 years older this season. I have never seen him show this level of quickness, speed and "zip" since he's been here. He also looks noticeably heavier this season.

Even his stretch of good games were just based on slow careful play. I wonder if not drinking alcohol (if he's in fact not drinking alcohol) is having such a massive effect on him. Maybe he's psychologically dealing with this thing and going through a really tough time. Maybe it's hard that your closest friend is James Harden when you need to stop drinking and you can't light one up either.

I've certainly been disappointed with his play, but I'm inclined to think he's really hurting right now and is trying for the first time in his career to climb himself out of a ditch on a team which is climbing itself out of a ditch.

I still maintain hope that both he will get rejuvenated before the end of the season and the team will let him BE THE POINT GUARD more seriously and more consistently. The guy knows how to attack the basket and create opportunities. He's doing a somewhat decent job at learning how to play off the ball for the first time in his life, learning to be a stand still shooter. Harden couldn't do it, so now Lawson has to do it.

Here's an opportunity for JB to show his coaching prowess if he has it. This is the guy who can win 3-4 extra games for you if you know how to connect with him, know how to motivate him and understand how to put him in a position that benefits both him and the team.

Let's see how it goes, but let's no pretend he's our problem just because we lost to the 2016 GSW on their home court where they're unbeaten and broke a historical record.

14. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

^ That ty lawson showed aggression I havent seen this season.

15. BackdoorHarden

Ty is still in the league? He needs to go to China league where he belong. He's not making anyone work on Defense

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That video shows you ..... A. He has alot of space..... the space lets him ge tin paint and find his rolling big men..... B. MOVEMENT. ... his big men moved without the ball and was waiting on the passes..... Capela is bumbles.... Dwight will get a Offensive Foul.... and Montrez cant get off bench

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

All I got from that is some nice assists or passes to teammates that actually know what to do with the rock.

For god's sake- if Capela would destroy the rim with manimal's intensity. Look out

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Watching that highlight is almost shocking how he moves with the ball. On the Rox it seems like he's about to lose it overtime its in his hands

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Capela can't even dunk the ball consistently for goodness sake. Killed the game tonight with that BS at the rim...jeez

20. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

he was pathetic tonight. maybe the 7-0 isn't a coincidence without him.