1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson on working with James Harden and what Steph Curry wont get away with again..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I love this guy.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They can still easily hide Curry on Ariza.

This is one thing we will miss from Battier a lot, because Battier had a functional hook shot that he would exploit whenever they put smaller defenders against him.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His problem doesn't have to be alcoholism. It could be not taking the law seriously because he's a rich athlete/celebrity/powerful person. You are incredibly quick to judge. It really hurts my opinion of your opinions.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

Is it A or B?

A. He's an alcoholic and he's not getting better, because he doesn't think he has a drinking problem. "Just two dumb mistakes"

B. A lot of people drink during holidays or on weekends. A lot of people don't think str8 when drunk. It is very likely he keeps getting behind the wheel while drunk, but doesn't mean he has a drinking addiction, he might just not cope with being drunk well.

Denver people's words that Ty would show up at practice stinking with booze. Not showing up at practice after all-star break because partying in Vegas. It might be A.

1 person likes this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Crossing my fingers he wont be suspensed on the second game of the season against the Warriors

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah - he thinks his issue is two DUI. His issue isn't DUI's. His issue is alcohol and he doesn't seem to realize that when he says it was just two dumb mistakes and if it wasn't for the court order, he didn't need to be in that 30-day program.

Lucas has his work cut out for him. I hope DM paid attention. The guy was showing up drunk to practice. When you show up to your job drunk multiple times, you're an alcoholic.

1 person likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lawson vs. the elite PGs:

Paul
    [​IMG]

Curry
    [​IMG]

Westbrook
    [​IMG]

Wall
    [​IMG]

Irving
    [​IMG]

Lillard
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

People forget we always went at them prior to last year too , 2012-2013 ( 3 point record game/ mark jackson , and 2014 we owned them also

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

cheke is in mid-season trolling form. I love it!

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Ty...I.....I love you......

11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

not bad. The first 3 seasons he was getting schooled by them and the last 3 has been real close. I like it!

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Then who guards Ty?

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Love the fact that he made a push to get here. Should quell those rumors about players not wanting to play with Harden or Howard.

14. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Had to look up some ty lawson videos to get an idea how he play the game because i never heard or seen his highlights videos. Very underrated and not one of the media point guard darlings. He'll fit right in with us lol. There's about 5 scene where he made curry play some defense. October 30th can't come here fast enough...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bx6C7Dm4Hv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, I didn't love the rehab bit.

1 person likes this.
  16. bmd

bmd Member

There really is the possibility that he may not be an alcoholic. He might just be young, rich, and not give a F.

I've been around alcoholics and man their lives are messed up and they are a mess. I knew someone in college who became an alcoholic while in college. You could watch him spiral downward almost daily. He was gaining weight, looking unkempt, missing class, showing up drunk to class, doing terrible work, etc. he was a mess.

Maybe there are different degrees of alcoholism, but the experience I had with someone else is WAY different than what I see with Ty Lawson. With Ty it seems like he likes to party and get drunk at a club and then drive home. And he got caught driving drunk.

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

When you show up to your job drunk ONCE you're an alcoholic, unless your job is to be a drunk.

18. malakas

malakas Member

He has multiple DUIs in a span of more than half a decade. He was reportedly showing up at his work smelling alcohol. You can doubt my opinion all you want but I rather take the logic. When you hear hoofbeats you think of horses not zebras.
    A lot of young rich persons think they are above the law, they don't get caught multiple times drunk. You think that he got caught every single time he happened to drive drunk?
    If someone repeatedly goes and gets drunk and drives isn't that an alcoholism problem?
    That's the thing. There are mutliple degrees of alcoholism. The functional alcoholic. Someone doesn't have to have fallen at the pit to be an alcoholic. He can still keep a job and take care of his appearance.

Anyway I wish only the best for Lawson. BUT just because he's a Rocket now doesn't mean I will change my opinion on what I would have thought about a regular person, with Lawson's history of multipe DUIs etc. And because I wish him the best, is why I didn't like that quote. Because alcoholism is a disease that CAN be treated but you have first to admit it to yourself, which he doesn't seem to have done.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Untrue, it could also mean that you just don't give a crap about your job, which was obviously the point Lawson was at last season, playing for a losing franchise that didn't appear to be going anywhere but down. Also, I don't think he ever showed up to practice actually drunk, just that he drank before going. They said they could smell the liquor on him, but I don't recall anyone ever saying he was actually drunk. What determines whether or not a person is alcoholic to me is what triggers a person to drink and how often. I personally think he does have issues with over depending on alcohol, but showing up to work smelling like alcohol does not indicate alcoholism, just poor judgement or irresponsibility.

20. the shark

the shark Member

:grin: