1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson on trading block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 18, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I really like the Detroit trade. It is realistic and good fit. But Detroit will wait to see how Jenings looks in D-league and in games so it can take a looong while.
    Miami trade is impossible because they wouldn't give up on Dragic so soon.(and they can get better back for him if they would)
    Covington has the worth of a mid round pick at least because of his contract and Philly would never pull the trigger to get Lawson now with Okafor adventures.
    NO has too many guards and Gordon is playing very well this year.
    Mil wouldnt' trade half their guard rotation for one drunk player.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

If this analytic geek trades our PG im going to die

3. zigzag

zigzag Member

Nope his agent is Leon Rose

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

I wouldn't look for a long term solution to replace Lawson. More like a Pablo type that can step into a role.

Steve Blake
    Ronnie Price
    Marcelo Huertas
    Beno Udrih
    Jerryd Bayless
    Andre Miller

Someone in that vein. I'd probably prefer Marcelo Huertas into a TPE for our 2016 NYK 2nd.

I feel it in my bones........next season is the year of LLULL!

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

RIP in Peace

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Now that this is out there, what are the odds that no one wants to take on his salary, and we end up having to cut him? This is the usual end game when a team tells a player's agent to go shop deals.

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

never forgetti....

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

It reads like, and looks like in games. That he's checked out, wants out.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

Why isn't JET afraid to take control of the ball when Harden is next to him? Why does Lawson play the same way when Harden is sitting?

10. Fefo

Fefo Member

i never said they have the same trade value, i just said that thats the kind of guard we need. Somebody who can play off the ball, hit the open jumper and at least try to play some D.
    A guy that can do that, except for the D would be Gary neal. Raymond felton the same, no D. Ramon sessions.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it seems he does play more aggressive getting into the paint and setting up teammates, but as far as his own shots he's just way out of rhythm with completely broken confidence now

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Morey must be a fan of ISOBall.

13. malakas

malakas Member

yup that's for sure.
    Also this leak is on purpose so he has asked for a trade for a while now. And possibly because they cant' find anything good they leaked it to woj to see if it makes anyone interested or raise their offer.

14. Nook

Nook Member

They need to just play him 25-30 minutes a night. The Rockets are not going anywhere without him anyway.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

If the Rockets can't find a trade.. All you have to do is find some capable shooters, make Harden play off the ball and use Lawson as a drive and kick PG. Sounds easy enough but we would actually need players to buy into playing motivated basketball on both ends of the court. And how about letting Howard touch the ball sometimes? He could actually post up every now and then.

Since the Hakeem era, it's always been sort of Francis-> Yao, Tmac -> Yao, Harden->Howard. Now currently its pretty much Harden iso and the rest of the team watching. Harden playing off the ball and Lawson playing motivated basketball could be interesting to watch. However Harden just dominating the ball every time and going to the free throw line time and time again is efficient offensive but it also takes our entire offense out of rhythm. Why try to actually make shots when it's easier to dump the ball to Harden and hope you get a call every time you have the ball?

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Lawson for Taj Gibson and Aaron Brooks.

I think it would be good for both teams.

Bulls clear the log jam in their big men rotation and get a starting caliber point guard to come off the bench or start when Rose is resting/hurt.

Rockets get a defensive minded PF to help rebound and defend against the top notch PFs in the West. Also, Gibson is not afraid of yelling at guys if they make a mistake on defense. That could be good for this team. Also, Brook returns home and actually plays back up.

Then trade Jones in another deal or wait to bundle it up with Brewer asap

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Defense aside I think he'd be good for Utah. They're not dealing Hood for him though.

18. dmoneybangbang

I like this trade. We need an AB type of PG who can create and shoot.

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Amazing how we keep seeing trade possibilities for players that played for us in the past...freakin circular musical chairs

20. Solaris

Solaris Member

I guess Morey never saw this picture posted by Lawson before he made the trade...

[​IMG]