1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson - Just hear me out, please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jul 21, 2016.

?

Ty Lawson?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

193 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dude c'mon. I thought you left the drugs in your past and then you drop this gem.

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

By signing Prigioni? Agreed

3. Ranny

Ranny Member

At the minimum and given the available alternatives i would give him a shot.

I know he is hated around here, and rightly so, but IMO his was not a problem of talent, it was a problem of confidence. His personal issues definitely got the better of him mentally, and on top of that he came to a team that was dysfunctional as hell, it was a recipe for disaster, but lets face it, its not like everybody was great and only he sucked, everybody Sucked!! Criticism of him was extreme because everybody had such high expectations, and he made so much money and yet he did so poorly, but I think we all know that he can be so much better than what he was last year, or not.... maybe he is in fact done.... but at the minimum what is the worst that could happen?

I have not been paying too much attention these last couple of days so i dont know if this interview has been posted somewhere around here, but this is an interesting read about Lawson http://theundefeated.com/features/ty-lawson-aims-to-bounce-back-after-stumbling/

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

[youtube]nJ3ZM8FDBlg[/youtube]

5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I happened to watch him last year with us so... No. Also, Lawson isn't getting anywhere near a 2 year, $15 million deal.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Been there, done that, got the mug and then the mug committed suicide off the counter into the trash.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It won't happen (nor should it), but the suggestion is not as dumb as some are making it out to be.

Same situation as Larry Sanders. We know both of these guys can play when their heads are screwed on properly. Will that ever happen again? Probably not, but somebody will be willing to take that chance.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i mean if no team signed him yet in this new cba, that a telling sign that he's completely lost it.
    maybe before when players were being signed if we got him for the vet min it wouldnt be bad. but now that no one's picked him up we leave it
    i still have a hard time believing he went from 15/9 to 5/3 in on eyear. unreal. even on scrub teams 9apg is no joke. the best pgs have a hard time cracking 6-7apg. ****in weird

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What year is this?

10. rockets13champs

Hell no u are banned. Sir

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

He was stone cold sober on the court. That's how it happened.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

No joke man it's mind boggling. He was a beast

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I voted No but I wouldn't be so quick to bash the OP. Somehow Brewer, Ty, and Jones went form being serviceable players to absolute garbage (potentially ruining their careers) last season. In fact, the whole team vastly under-performed in comparison to the year before. Whether it was coaching, team chemistry, personal issues, etc. I DON'T think some of those guys are nearly as bad as their performance last season would indicate.

14. alethios

alethios Member

It's going to be tough for Lawson from here on out. Most teams won't take him for more than 1 year guaranteed (speculating). He may end up getting a better deal in China.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ship sailed.

train left station.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

It aint happening... But to be fair to Ty... No one was going to come in to last years horrobly coached team amd succeed... Woth dantoni i think hed have a better shot.. But like i said not gonna happen.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Winner :) End thread!!

19. PeppermintCandy

Maybe if there's news that he's been tearing up the Drew League or something similar, and he looks like he's rededicated himself to his game, the Rockets should mull a conservative offer. As of now, there is no evidence that he's past the slump he found himself in with Houston and Indiana.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

You know what delete your account