1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson Effect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Nov 7, 2015.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Very good point. LeBron and Wade took, what, half a season(?) to get used to each other the first year they were playing together. IMHO, Harden will get his touches on this team no matter what. Ty'd just play his agressive game, distribute the ball around, and Harden will get his loaded shooting share (hopefully most spot-ups).

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hes definately good but Mcasshole can't get Harden to play off the ball and let Ty run the offense. I'm very happy with him

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

As others said it's like the Wade/Lebron situation where both players are at their best dominating the ball. While Harden is a great playmaker especially for a 2, Ty is an elite playmaker and is much much better at controlling turnovers.

Ty needs to run the offense and Harden needs to play off the ball.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ty had an awful game last night . He needs to bring it tonight if we wanna win .

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

He also stated how he thinks it will take a while for Ty to gel into the offense, which I think is getting better each game. Guys are trying to adjust to just be alert with TY on the floor, most guys aren't ready for a quick assist outside of hardens playmaking

6. MONON

MONON Member

The 1st 3 games were difficult to watch, but The 4th game things started to click. I'll enjoy the patriculation process, but I don't expect to see a smooth product till Feb. or March if this season. Remember we'll have to incorporate DMo later on.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I have been following Ty Lawson almost from the time he came into the league. Dude is a double -double machine and a much better player he has shown to be so far.

Like others have pointed out, it is going to take some time until real chemistry can be developed between Harden and Lawson, but it will come.

I am more concerned with the bench play and I am not all opposed to have Lawson come out from the bench and be the floor general I know he can be. The bench players cannot simply lose leads like nothing. We got to fix that.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Stfu already

9. Handles

Handles Member

I am fine with Harden running the show. He is a better playmaker than Lawson and our offense is best run through him.

When Harden sits, Lawson should be running things. But I trust Harden with the ball more than anybody else on this team. This isn't to say that Lawson should never bring the ball down if Harden is in, but Harden should be the point man the majority of the time.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He's obviously not quite sure what his role is yet.

It's going to take time. The more and more the team expresses their belief in him, the quicker it will be, I think.

11. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

yeah lets be honest people, its 6 games in to the season, it won't be until the last half of the season until we if he is a positive or negative to this team.

But so far I think he is doing ok, given his ball usage rate.

12. AFS

AFS Member

[​IMG]

13. ibm

ibm Member

"faster with the ball than w/o the ball"? what does that mean?

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Count me in as someone who thinks making Harden play off the ball is incredibly stupid.

He is not an off the ball player, he is an MVP caliber player when he spams high pick and rolls.

Trying to claim he is going to get better by taking the ball out of his hands is a fantasy.

15. Chamillionaire

He needs to be in attack mode ALL the time IMO. We need him and Harden going downhill either setting up open shots or shots for themselves. We can't be having another Bev. We'd be wasting a talented facilitator if Ty were to be spotting up all the time for Harden.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Mcdumb is probably incapable of integrating Ty into the offense. It's the same old give it to Harden and go spot up while he dribbles the air out the ball

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I disagree. Lawson through his history has shown to take care of the ball better than Harden. Harden is one of few guys who plays well off the ball. Lawson asst to t/o is much,much better than Harden. Harden to's the ball too much for my liking. He's in SF3 category in terms of ball protection.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's funny how the whole board and Harden himself were crying how we needed another playmaker to make Harden's life easier. Now we got Lawson and some people say it's stupid to take the ball out of Harden's hands.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

This.

Thoroughly underwhelmed. Sometimes invisible out there. More blame though on the other ball dominant guard & the coaching staff.

Top 10 PG, so says Clutchfans, and those same folks probably want to bring him off the bench. LOL

In what world are [Paul, Curry, Westbrook, Wall, Irving, Lilliard, Dragic, Lowry, Parker, Conley, Teague, and/or Rose first guys listed in that thread coming off the bench? Oh right, never.

Curry with Thompson, Westbrook with Durant, Wall with Beal, Irving with LeBron, Dragic with [previously Bledsoe & now] Wade, Lowry with DeRozan & Ross, Rose with Butler,...so on and so forth but bring this "top 10" point guard off the bench! :grin:

Rockets already had a point guard to stand & camp at the 3 point line in Beverley.

Remember when Goran Dragic didn't want to come last deadline?
    Dragic is a diva, Dragic doesn't care about winning blahblahblah

And this too.

#39 J.R., Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That's false.

Lawson is a career 15.2% TO guy, Harden is 14.4%

We did need another ball handler....to play through when Harden is on the bench.

Taking the ball out of your MVP's hands is incredibly stupid.