1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson DUI Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Artestsuckskobe

John Lucas

2. malakas

malakas Member

thanx.
    So the punishment by the league may come in two doses. And it can take a long time to be done with. Maybe it is better this way than 5+ straight games off . As long as it is over by the ASW.

I know that Monroe got his DUI in february and his suspension came in the start of the new season in november.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just saying that if the league acts fast, they will punish Ty as the convictions/pleas are set. Maybe Ty and his lawyer will close each case simultaneously or near so. But the Players Union will not allow the league to punish prior to conviction. So the CA DUI suspension can't come until that case is closed.

Was February the arrest or the conviction date. Ty's arrest was January 2015. League can't suspend due to arrest date

4. malakas

malakas Member

he was arrested in Detroit the day the asw ended and spent the night in jail but was suspended the first two games of the next season and the suspension decision came after his qo saga was over, so in the end of september start of Octomber or so. He pleaded guilty and had to do community service. I think the court was months before the suspension , I think in April/May. It was all under wraps and no leaks to the press until the announcement of the suspension and everyone was surprised.
    So the suspension came about 8 months after the crime.

5. malakas

malakas Member

And kidd had his DUI as a player but was suspended as a coach the following year.

So what I worry about is the second DUI of Ty. I hope his suspension from it comes before the ASW and doesn't drag SOOO long.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I volunteer! Get paid serious money to hang out with a NBA player on your favorite team?

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've had one of those .... They suck. I basically had to schedule my entire day around being able to blow into that thing at the required times .... Even setting alarms to wake up in the middle of the night to blow in it.

It was like Christmas when I was able to remove that thing .... tho I now have one in my vehicle that I have to blow to start and then randomly blow every half hour or so. I have to keep that thing in my vehicle until June of 2019.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It could be quite a while before this stuff is wrapped up , its not uncommon for these things to be in court for up to a year , even in plea agreements .... so it could be next summer before the 2nd case is over and done with..

9. malakas

malakas Member

yeah I hope it doesnt' drag on that long. Imagine if Lawson is suspended in the middle of the playoffs next may or june. And one would have to think that the second suspension will be longer than the first so possibly more than 2 games.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a little confused. So the Denver case is done then? No jail time or anything? Just an alcohol monitoring system?

I know the LA case is next week.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What are you basing this guess off of? J.R. Smith got significantly less than that for killing a guy in a wreckless driving incident.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Those alcohol monitoring systems are generally a condition of bail or probation.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i hope i don't see this thread bumped as long as he's a rocket

14. Raven

Raven Member

Rockets need to hire him a babysitter, and they won't be the first pro team to employee one, either.

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ty Lawson meet Jason terry

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

JET and Jon Lucas, really strong support system.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would do that too but you gotta ask yourself is it worth it.... We can drop him next year in pursuit of another high profile star....(D....)

He aint the first tier superstar or the perennial all star.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Jonas Valanciunas - DUI 2014, no suspension

19. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

You can damn near blow a .02 from smelling a beer.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If you don't mind what was your offense?

DD