1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson Arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PersianRocket, Jul 14, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's had issues with Alcohol since he was in college. Got busted for underage drinking while in a car. He's got a problem.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Then he needs to check himself into a program. Otherwise he'll wind up out of the league or hurting himself(or someone else).

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

He has a long history of drinking and driving and that happened in his college time also, and he also has a charge about hitting a women/girlfriend earlier this year or last year.

Google it, you may drop your jaw to your dick after seeing the searching results.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

put me in the camp that doesn't want this guy anymore. he can definitely help on the court, but his character and decision making issues makes him a risk. Add in the fact that he's still a large chunk of cap space to commit to through 2016-17. That's enough to have me okay looking elsewhere.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

2008 - UNC underage drinking & driving
    ???? - Previous DUI out of Missouri
    August 2013 - Arrested on suspicion of physical harassment and criminal mischief involving domestic violence. The domestic violence case, in which Lawson was charged was dismissed in October 2013.
    January 2015 - Arrested for DUI
    July 2015 - Arrested for DUI

But but but we can get him for cheap! :rolleyes:

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Two times in one year is unbelievable. That's a sign of a serious problem. He learned nothing from the first one, which is technically the second instance based on the one he got as a minor in NC years ago.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Vin Baker 2?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nuggets GM Tim Connelly acknowledges arrest of Ty Lawson on DUI charges in statement. &quot;We will not have further comment on the matter.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/620989653731164160">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i make millions and refuse to let someone else drive for me.

some people...

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I was thinking this also. Except, I don't see us trading for him, so he helped another team, not the Rockets.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Every team needs a thug. Lets get this guy. Morey will get a driver for him. :p

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J---aiyznGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

surely you can't be serious . . .

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Oh, TyF****TheLawson, BryShaw was right about your "issue."

Now, he's anyone's game.

Cancer kills. Do does alcohol. Just ask BryShaw.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

my post was in regard to how he's been acting as a whole. Acting out, thinking he's better than he is, trying to prove something at any given time. Little man syndrome. I see it a lot.

16. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

And why should he at this point? Unless Lawson admits to having a problem and asks for help, I don't even consider trading for him. No way Morey brings him in unless it's a lopsided deal in the Rockets favor and even then it's highly doubtful.

This team needs leaders and winners; Lawson is neither.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure where this comes from, but Houston is no better or worse than 99% of the country. And I've been to 99% of the country.

Anyways, Lawson isn't a good fit here.... defense and 3PT shooting. No thanks

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This guy has about 19 red flags all waving like crazy right now. They need to lock him up in a room somewhere without any computers or alcohol. He has no self control.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I actually took a class at my company for our safety week on drunk driving. He's right...Houston and Texas for that matter had more accidents and estimated drunk drivers than anywhere else in the nation. It's not even close. Texas has lead 30 straight years in deaths related to driving under the influence. It's total and per capita.