1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TX mask mandate lifted soon?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TWS1986, Mar 2, 2021.

1. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

JuanValdez likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This is going to blow right by trolls like Sura because they have no interest is a rational discussion of facts and the truth but the central issue here is that it is one thing to demonstrate and march in the street against police brutality, be met by a violent police response which precipitated the violent response (that distresses Sura so very much) and have those same police allow outside agitators (read white) free reign to carry (and use guns) against demonstrators. It is quite another thing entirely to storm the Michigan State Capitol with guns in order to intimidate state legislators or to storm the US Capitol in an attempt to prevent the orderly transfer of power as stipiulated by the US Constitution which is what happened on Jan 6th. The latter is known as an insurrection which is way different from what went down in Minneapolis. To attempt to somehow equate the two clearly shows the desperate lengths racist bigots, Republicans and their alt-right brethren will go to deny reality. It's just a ruse by them to obscure the issue because they have no legitimate position.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Now that the CDC said I can drop the mask and stores are starting to relax policies, I've decided I'm going to switch my default to not wearing one unless asked to. I still have a couple of unvaccinated kids who will have to wear their masks a bit longer, but that should be resolved by fall. Then, as far as I'm concerned, it's all over.

It's time. And Texas dropping its mandate earlier seemed aggressive, but it didn't blow up in our faces. So I'll withdraw whatever harsh words I had for Abbott about that (every other bad thing I said about him still applies though).

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko
    I went to the Rockets vs Clippers game
    Still alive
    No Covid but the pretzel wasn’t good

Tilman needs to step up

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Went to the Rockets and Astros game
    Didn’t pick up any illness except overpriced concessions

99ers 4 life

7. SuraGotMadHops

Both acts are s***ty. The overwhelming majority of GOPers think the groups that stormed Capitol buildings are complete idiots, and deserve all the jailtime and punishment they get.

Also, blaming the violence in the streets on the cops that were called in to maintain peace during said protests is ignorant. Also, you need to read up on the gun laws more, in many states you can use guns to protect your business, so the police weren't "letting" those folks get by with anything. For the ones like Rittenhouse that rolled up with his own gun and started trying to protect other people's property, that was a dumb move and he's paying the price for it.

You use broad strokes to paint all republicans as racists and bigots shows how skewed, ignorant, and hateful you really are. I can paint just as broad a brush the other way, and call all libs cop haters and killers. Do hate ALL police??

8. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    @Reeko

If 50 and the MAYOR aren't wearing MASKS, neither are the 99ers

10. SuraGotMadHops

11. subtomic

Supporting Member

As opposed to the anecdote of some anonymous, chronic exaggerator on a basketball message board?

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I still wear a mask at places that require it or where it’s a part of policy just out of common courtesy and respect for their rules, but if it’s not required then

13. SuraGotMadHops

Eyes and ears buddy. Try using them.

14. subtomic

Supporting Member

I do but I also use my brain. You should try that.

15. SuraGotMadHops

Do you really?? I see no critical thought on your part whatsoever. Just read and regurge with no thought. Keep trying.

16. subtomic

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

Ok Homer...

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's fine to drop the mask mandates. Anyone can get vaccinated now so if they want and if they want to take a risk with Covid that's their choice. If stores don't want to let the unvaccinated in, that's their right too.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what are you using when you say what most Republicans think about what happened on Jan 6?