1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two NY policeman assassinated by African American as revenge for Eric Garner

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Dec 20, 2014.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Bed Stuy is getto?

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Like I said by your terrible spelling and made up words. Go home River, your drunk. Figuratively speaking of course.

3. Buck Turgidson

I didn't read the rest.

You are a ****ing idiot.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with thinking for yourself is that some people aren't equipped with the necessary tools to do so. The shooter, for instance, obviously was thinking for himself too. If we want to go all Godwin Law, Hitler was pretty clearly thinking for himself, too.

Dunning-Kruger Effect, and all that. Not accepting that you are not equipped with necessary data to do so in some circumstances is hubris. How much time have you spent in the ghetto, so that you are equipped to proclaim how it works?

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you read on further you will notice I said "the rhetoric is too heated." I won't deny that all the inflammatory rhetoric probably swayed that guy but in many ways this is no different than all the antigovernment rhetoric put out by right wing groups had swayed people like Eric Frienn. I think we need to tone down the rhetoric but ultimate responsibility has to rely with those who actually committed the act.

I've said before I am very troubled by the amount of distrust between the police and those who they are supposed to protect and serve. When I hear police killed because of it I find that personally painful. My Sensei is a former LE and it would be very painful if he or any of the other LE who I have trained with were to be killed because of some nutcase.

That doesn't mean that I don't recognize that many feel that LE are out of control and act with impunity with no repercussions.

Violence to meet Violence cannot be the answer here. If we start believing that police are justified in everything they do or that the police are an enemy to be feared this will never end.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dunning-Kruger AND Godwin's Law in one post? Post of the year.

7. nickb492

And for your information Operandi and I aren't on speaking terms because she accepts violence and I disapprove of such things.

But by your standards somebody cannot be a fan of hip hop, believe what happened to Garner horrible, and also think most cops are good people just trying to do their job? I have news for you my friend, you are in luck. We are everywhere. Just don't care to be put in with the over zealous people on either side.

#87 nickb492, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's possible to both be appalled by senseless executions of cops, and angry at unjustified killings by cops. This isn't hard to understand.</p>&mdash; Radley Balko (@radleybalko) <a href="https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/546692005829832705">December 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

^^^ a post from a college friend...

"So I got a private message from someone that suggested something I'd like to address before anyone else says something to that effect. I am very distrusting of police in general. I have nothing but disdain for a policeman who abuses his power and uses his position to bully, intimidate, hurt or kill other people. And I think those policemen should be brought to a swift and brutal justice. But if you think I'd advocate or rejoice in the murder of innocent men in the name of that distrust and disdain... then you don't know me at all."

10. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

It's just effing hypocritical. Blacks claim white police officers intentionally kill them with no regard to the value of their lives. NOTE! They claim that police officers kill blacks "in general," just because they are BLACK.

With this murder, an African-American decides to kill random officers with the intent to avenge the deaths of Garner and Brown. This individual generalized police officers as one bad unit that aims to kill off all of his people. Makes a lot of sense. Not.

I'm sorry instead of protesting like deranged animals, they probably should be working and acting civilized (not looting, not engaging in criminal activity.)

Let's face it: the stereotypes that face them, although definitely unjustified, will never fade away if this behavior continues.

I say this in the most respectful manner I can.

I am not upset because two black people were killed unjustly. I am not upset that two black people were killed justly. I am not upset that two officers were killed justly. I am not upset that two officers were killed unjustly.

I am just upset that four people lost their lives PERIOD!

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I hope people aren't naive enough to think people look up to The Game.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You can try to sound all right, but you really just sound like an idiot. As if Black people are the only ones that have killed police officers before. I can't believe there are people that think like you. Open your damn mind up.

1 person likes this.
  13. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Reading comprehension. I was only speaking in regard to this isolated incident. I never said blacks are the only ones that kill police officers. I was referring to this one individual. Likewise with you. Open your damn mind and take a remedial college reading course. It will suit you well. That is all.

1 person likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a shame how the race hucksters have shown up and spewed their racial hatred here rather than relying on logic and reason. Hopefully they'll be able to contain their hateful emotions and discuss this topic intelligently going forward. As the great Martin Luther King Jr. once said... hate cannot conquer hate, only love can do that. Love you guys.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

damn, this sucks.

blaming supporters of eric garner is beyond stupid and immature.

16. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

What is the motive behind this getting so much attention?

Not saying it isnt worth the attention, but what are people trying to prove [​IMG]

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, it's weird. It's almost like they are just trying to push a narrative...

1 person likes this.
  18. nickb492

Also here is what he said afterwards. Not that you give a damn, because your too busy being a race baiter like the rest of the scum.

http://news.hiphopearly.com/games-response-execution-nypd-officers-sparks-controversy/

19. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Push what narrative? [​IMG]

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Yea, it's really sad. Funny how people can build a straw man over the slaying of two cops. Although police brutality is not really at fault for this murder. The man was clearly insane and had nothing to lose after shooting his GF in the stomach. He clearly wanted to go out as a martyr, but the only ones paying him attention are the fanatical police supporters & the incompetent anti-police movement.