1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Two new movies - Tropic Thunder & Redbelt

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Nero, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Nero

Nero Member

Don't know if each movie ought to have its own thread, but both of these upcoming movies look to me to be like flicks I will definitely be watching as soon as they are released.

Tropic Thunder Trailer

If you don't know the premise, the trailer is pretty self-explanatory, but basically it seems to be a kind of riff on the formula from The Three Amigos, where a group of actors making a Vietnam-type war movie actually find themselves stuck in actual combat, but believe they are still just shooting a movie. Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey in a role that looks to be simply amazing. Also, I don't know if anyone else has heard this, but I read that Tom Cruise is in this as well, but I don't see him in the promo stuff, but he is listed on IMDB. Supposedly he plays a role that should go a long way towards repairing his image, whatever that means, but I don't know any of the details on that. Anyway, this looks like it's going to be great fun.

The other movie is

Redbelt

Mamet writes and directs this movie, about a sort of MMA type sports league or somesuch, with crooked promoters, and a Samurai-like honorable main protagonist. The main reason it interests me is because of the lead, Chiwitel Ejiofor. If the name is unfamiliar, that's no surprise. But if you saw Serenity, he was the main bad guy in that, the 'Agent' or 'Assassin' or whatever he was. Serenity has always been on of my favorite flicks, and his character is one of the main reasons why, and the actor behind it looks to be bringing that same kind of calm intensity to this role.

Anyone else looking forward to these two?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: Didn't someone already start a Tropic Thunder thread where someone joked that Robert Downey Jr. would be playing a "black guy" and then someone else said: "WTF?!?!? There aren't enough black actors?!?!?! WTF?!?!? :mad: waa waa" ??

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I started the original thread and none of that other stuff you posted ever happened. The closest was nyquil's post but it was a complaint about Downey being in a Ben Stiller movie.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=144188

4. Nero

Nero Member

Ahhh... my bad, I never saw that thread.

Well, anyway, we can still talk about Redbelt.. ;)

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Redbelt sounds interesting.

I'm looking forward to Killshot which finally comes out next month.