1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two More Women Accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of Sexual Misconduct

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 30, 2018.

?

Should Tyson's life and career be destroyed as a result of these allegations?

1. Sure. Zero tolerance for EVERY man accused by women of sexual harrassment and assault.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No. These acts should be handled as potential crimes and all people deserve due process. Everyone.

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  3. No. Kavanaugh's accusers should have been believed, but Tyson is someone important who I like.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I work in a very small office and am sort of the straight arrow so people put on a good face for me most of the time. In my conversations with other people and clients though I've come to learn how much happens that is just out of sight. The stories I've been told, particularly by women in sales, are kind of shocking.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wonder if NDT's accusers have received a flood of death threats for their accusations.

Most likely.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is this thread about NDT or Brett Kavanaugh?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well then, what doesn't make much sense to me are the accusations that some posters are throwing out at 'the left' that it doesn't care about these allegations...

Meanwhile, we are throwing up Buzzfeed articles about it...Buzzfeed...

That should answer your question @MojoMan

Buzzfeed.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't get too involved in this one because I understand the reason for the thread, but I view it as a settled thing. You'll have people on the fringes freak out about baseless allegations when they are seen as potentially politically advantageous but the vast majority are turned off by that kind of thing. Take the Kavanaugh situation for example. All of the pissing and moaning the fringe left did when it comes to those false allegations served only to turn public opinion against the fringes and motivate the base on the right to get out and vote. It's the sole thing that saved the Republicans from getting hit by a legitimate blue wave in the midterms.

No same person thinks that the "believe all women" nonsense is anything but laughable.....or they don't know enough women to know that there are absolutely untrustworthy women out there just like there are untrustworthy people of all kinds. Beating up on those foolish enough to run with the "believe all women" nonsense is sort of beating a dead horse IMO.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It will be dead when they apply the same standards to themselves that they apply to their political adversaries.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

But... I thought the republican was supposed to be better than a democrat, beyond reproach, great men like Trump are better than the evil ones like Clinton. That's what they tell me everyday, if they only have to be as good as the democrats, then how do they hold the moral high ground on anything? How can they claim they are the party of God and family values if they are only as good as the heathens they oppose?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. biff17

biff17 Member

I think these things should be investigated any he is probably a creep but I fail to see why this driver believe the rape claim when she obviously was not at any time groped or threatened.

reminds me of the Ansari flap where some women conflate creepy behavior with assault.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I honestly don't think the Kavanaugh situation and the NDT are the same and should be compared so I don't get all the comparisons made in this thread about the two.

Yes, you're whining that the left doesn't care while quoting a super left-wing publication...

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What does NDT have to do with left or right?

Dude sounds like a sleazeball who got exposed and is about to get retribution on many levels. Where does left or right fit into the picture?

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He supports science outreach, evolution, and an informed populus. All of these things allegedly threaten the Republican view and so they should be eliminated. In practice this is far from true, but to an uninformed or under informed right leaning voter this feels true.

Hell, I don't even see evolution as a threat to religion... but hey southern states do.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only comparison is that as far as I know, they were both dealing with allegations with no evidence whatsoever to support the claims. The whole thread IMO was created as a test of if "believe all women" would apply when the situation was surrounding a left leaning celebrity that is fairly beloved by those on the left as opposed to a right leaning SCOTUS nominee. With Kavanaugh, many on the left assumed guilt the second the first allegation came to light, hell some STILL believe it to be true despite having no reason to believe that whatsoever. The thread was created IMO to see if those same people would assume the guilt of NDT. It was an attempt to expose hypocrisy essentially.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

So... is he still getting appointed to the Supreme Court?

CometsWin and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

If you want to talk about believing woman when It comes to accusations let’s look at Al Franklin. You can’t say Dems want to protect their own. Hell they railroaded Franklin when it came to his accusers. So I don’t know what the hell OP is trying to prove here.

ThatBoyNick and Nolen like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Whataboutism for Kavanaugh.

Basically... it doesn't, but since the world we live in astrophysicist podcasters are = the democratic party in the minds of the 40%, its a chance to play the whataboutism in their minds.

Your right though, NDT's creepy cheese & meat party invites have zero to nothing to do with Democratic or Republican politics.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

He wants to WIN

Pizza_Da_Hut and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

There in lies the real problem. They aren't necessarily false, they aren't necessarily true. We don't know, but you and many right-wingers have said they are lies from day 1.