1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two More Women Accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of Sexual Misconduct

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 30, 2018.

?

Should Tyson's life and career be destroyed as a result of these allegations?

1. Sure. Zero tolerance for EVERY man accused by women of sexual harrassment and assault.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No. These acts should be handled as potential crimes and all people deserve due process. Everyone.

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  3. No. Kavanaugh's accusers should have been believed, but Tyson is someone important who I like.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I believe we should have an investigation just like any such accusations.
    If the charges are criminal in nature then criminal investigation is also needed.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

if a leftist fav is accused... "he is one of ours.. we do not believe it."

anyone to the right of marx... "believe all wamen!"

MojoMan likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You. This entire thread is geared towards the notion that Mr.BretK's accusations should have been dismissed in relation to your perceived handling of Tysons accusations.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

If true, **** him.

Nook likes this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

His story in the Facebook link.

6. omgTHEpotential

Not gonna lie, if I wanted to bullshit my way out of a situation like that, I would never come up with excuses like that... Searching for pluto? Native Indian handshake? He has to be telling the truth.

marks0223 likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm just glad he didn't search for Uranus.

8. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

superfob, ThatBoyNick and Nook like this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Notice that he didn't try to demonize the accusers, blame everything on a secret plot by his enemies or pretend he never met them?

I find him much more credible than BK, though credibility certainly isn't final proof or not. He is about 1000x more honest than BK, though.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Reading that reminded me of Brett Kavanaugh's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Of course in that instance, the Democrats and the media were not willing to listen, much less be sympathetic, as their priority was the partisan character assassination of Brett Kavanaugh, literally by any means necessary.

But let me guess. Now that a public idol of the Democrat left is the subject of similar accusations - and worse - these same people are going to line up to advise NOT just believing all women in this instance, but instead defering to the inestimable integrity and credibility of Neil Tyson, and giving him at least the 'benefit of the doubt'.

And if so, surely these same people will want to offer their appologies to Justice Kavanaugh for failing to extend the same grace and courtesy to him during his confirmation. Because otherwise they would be outing themselves as perhaps the most incredible raging hypocrites that any of us have ever seen. And if they have any sense of honor, justice or integrity, they will not be willing to abide anything like that.

11. omgTHEpotential

NDT is a great communicator, that's a big part of his job too. He knows that antagonizing his accusers won't do him any good.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Can you show me the leftist posters that said they don’t believe it? The overwhelming majority seem to think it should be investigated. BTW the accused came out today and said he wants a full investigation as well.

13. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I couldn't imagine the two being any more different.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The Fox and National Geographic networks are investigating these allegations against Tyson. So, what will the standards for sexual impropriety be at these stations? It appears that we are about to find out.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Umm.... investigate??

Wtf are you trying to crusade and lie your way to achieving here? Be honest and straight forward instead of pumping out BS.

-NDT is a creepo so therefore climate science and astrophysics is discredited?
    -NDT is a creepo so liberals are hypocrites for allowing one of their own (... scientists... which I guess is synonymous with liberal nowadays... ) to do creepo stuff?

Stop Bullsh$&ing here and be honest about the point you are trying to get across.

All women deserve to be heard and the accused should welcome an investigation and tell their side honestly, apologize, and pay the legal/professional consequences if the accusations are credible.

What women do NOT deserve is to have 40% of the country shame the woman, rail against FakeNews, cry witch hunt, blame George Soros, belligerently yell nonsense at the Congressional hearing, lie, have the accused use their financial or political power to threaten, or to have the accused be rewarded with the Presidency.

NDT deserves what all of us liberals wanted for Kavanaugh that he and Trump cult fans rejected and refused to even consider.... an investigation to learn more facts.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I promis to oppose NDT’s future appointment to the Supreme Court. Thanks OP.

dobro1229 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

In context NDT’s side of the story makes a ton of sense and has credibility. We just need to make sure those are all of the facts.

I can totally understand a woman feeling uncomfortable with NDT’s offer of meat and cheese alone in his condo, and I can totally see NDT getting weird when a woman has the solar system tattooed on her shoulder.

If that’s the story that they do deserve an apology but not sure there is a case to be made from this outcome that science and climate change are now not real and I shouldn’t enjoy podcasts about the cosmos.

And yes I won’t be voting for NDT for president and will oppose his nomination to the Supreme Court.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Will add that NDT isn't even that much of a liberal.

Other than being an environmentalist (which most scientists are) he usually tends to stay away from making a political point. I think if it weren't for the fact that Republicans deny climate change, he wouldn't talk about politics at all.

19. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Edjumication is a liberal disease.

If he weren't a dirty liberal he'd be too busy drinking beer and coal rolling his pickup truck to try and peddle lies that God didn't make the universe for the people of 'murica 5000 years ago.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

OP is so out of the loop he doesn't know no one can stand NDT anymore.