1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Twitter Mania

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 19, 2009.

1. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

yep :D :D :D :D
    it has discussion boards pic pages and other stuff on it too.
    its pretty cool.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I remember people hyping Twitter like 2 years ago, and I thought it was a waste and would never catch on. Then it caught on like wildfire in the past year. I find it useful and entertaining these days.

Shaq's Twitter page is pretty funny.

3. eveluvsrox

i love shaq's twitter..that pic with the wig on is hilarious

4. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I just got hooked onto Twitter. I was dogging it at first, but I love it now.

It is basically text messaging over the web. I love it because I use it as a sort of RSS reader in that I can "follow" CNNs twitter and get a post everytime a news story breaks with a link to the article. Rocket's updates from JCF is great also. Plus it's cool to be able to share random moments or thoughts in your head during the day with friends that aren't with you at the moment. I sometimes see something funny, take a pic and post a tweet with the picture.

I think it's great if you have a phone that has some Twitter application. If I were only limited to using it in my computers browser, it wouldn't be that great.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I honestly don't get Twitter. I heard it is like an update thing. Why not just get a facebook? :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

I didn't get it at first, but enjoy it more than Facebook now because of it's simplicity. They key is knowing who to follow on your phone...that can be overwhelming when you get people you really don't care about sendng updates every minute. I enjoy the tweets from the many comedians out there, especially the guys from Human Giant.

http://twitter.com/robhuebel
    http://twitter.com/azizansari

There's also a surprising number of p*rn stars using it, but that's another story.

I use TweetDeck when at home and it works pretty well.

Question: Any Twitter users know how to upload pics from Blackberry to TwitPic? I can't seem to get mine to work.

7. eveluvsrox

i use tweet deck too.

did u try the instructions in the settings on twitpic?

8. Hilltopper

Yes, but I don't understand when/where to use the PIN code. :confused:

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This sums it up to me, IM/texting meets RSS reader. Getting JCF/Clutch updates even beats the GARM in getting news first. It's also entertaining to follow certain people (btw thanks Hilltopper, I never thought to look up the Human Giant guys). Ashton Kucher and Diddy give it douche credibility, but people like Questlove and Trent Reznor are heavy into it too.

The main thing reason I picked it up in the first place was to follow and network in the drum & bass scene. I get to hear when my favorite producers are in the studio or on tour. I've given computer advice several times (ie told one member of Pendulum to use Picasa > iPhoto) and they've responded w/ appreciation. Not that it's some incredible accomplishment or anything, but it just shows how technology has made the world smaller.

I understand there seems like zero appeal when you read about it (I was one of them), all I can say is give it a try.

10. eveluvsrox

i asked a friend of mine that i know use it. she said just take the pic and send it whatever the address they gave you. and dont worry about the PIN..

example username.9999@twitpic.com
    if it doesnt doesnt work i dont know what to tell you :( :p

11. Hilltopper

I thought I was doing that correctly and just now figured out what I was doing wrong...thanks!

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think Facebook has something like 200 million global users, not sure it's going away anytime soon. These services are probably more heavily used by younger people who are more tech savvy and have more free time and inclination for social networking. By the time they're adults most of them will probably incorporate alot of these tools into their personal and professional lives.

13. eveluvsrox

did you get it to work??

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I have similar theory that reality TV is a tool to get people comfortable and even welcoming to the thought of having cameras on them 24/7.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

My friend that is not why Twitter was created - that is why the INTERNET was created...

I do use Facebook, nothing else, but at least FB is useful as a source of organising events etc...the stalker aspect of it does leave me cold though.

16. eveluvsrox

i hate reality TV and its amazing how people are glued to the TV when these shows come on.
    I.E. i love money....for the love of ray J..all trash. :mad:

except the deadliest catch and man vs wild. :D

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I signed up for twitter, than realized:

1) I do the same exact things everyday.
    2) I have no friends.

That doesn't mean I don't think it's a cool app for people with texting and lives.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They took the best aspects of myspace. Nice move...

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Sounds perfect for a 15 year old girl that constantly freaks out.

20. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

But if it wasn't for Twitter, Kobe wouldn't know how Shaq's ass tastes! :D