1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't know about you bro, but I am cheating on my gf for the Rockets. D-Mo's will be done.

2. jocar

jocar Member

I'm scared. Hold me

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

LOL D-Mo. You make no sense.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

COME HERE BABY

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think Dmo meant "cheering for us," not "cheating"

6. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

He probably has iphone autocorrect, smh.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yeah he did

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/surrealex">surrealex</a> iPhone don't put the blame on me;-pppp</p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/305167768964190208">February 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

dmo so KAWAII

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks - following him now. Love his motor and enthusiasm. I know he has a lot to learn, but my initial skepticism is fading.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not hating ... he had one rebound today but I think he'll have some more with constant PT

11. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Looks like he typed chearing and the autocorrect got him. :(

12. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

The guy is dorky adorable. :grin:

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I love Donuts and have no problem with what he does as long as he is being safe. But I would advise he focus more on becoming the PF of the future-like he gets angry about- with limited partying, it wears on the body over time, fact.

My issue is with the incredible inconsistent hypocrisy of media and blog sites alike.

When a white player is notrotiously out at clubs, drinking, wildn out and getting wasted etc, fans laugh and see no wrong or harm, finding it cool actually.
    Let it be a black athlete and its met with heavy judgement, racial connations and stereotypical criticisms attached to it. Its not consistent, fair, and it leaves a bad taste amongst knowledgeable fans that notices this contradiction.
    You can disagree but dont be naive/ignorant of the parallels.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Harden makes it rain regularly, nobody seems to care.

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

D-mo looks like cool guy to hang out with.

16. manning

manning Member

from http://fydonatasmotiejunas.tumblr.com/post/43481338059/nba-rookie-backpack-a-nice-and-funny-interview :)

a nice and funny interview about DMo’s rookie year so far (how he’s working hard everyday), his stint at the DLeague, and ofcourse the rookie hazing tell-all! LOL it’s written in Polish so i just did some google translate… so you know how that works… =D

Q: If the celebrities are. With remote PLK to the best league in the world and play in a team with such big names as Jeremy Lin and James Harden. That’s what happens on the pitch can be seen in the broadcast - and how to get along in private? Nice one guys?

DMo: Jeremy Lin is incredibly positive, a good friend of him. It has a little bit hard, because wherever we go, we all recognize it is now the only Asian man in the NBA. When I came back from the D-League, JLin showed me a lot of support, came into the room, when I was training, even if it was free. He talked about his stint in the NBDL and helped not to lose faith in yourself.

Q: Are you caught up in the NBA rookie duties of each? You carry bags older players make us go shopping at the airport, or wash your car?

DMo: At the start of the season in the team, we were a few newcomers, so more experienced players choose someone to help. Fortunately, my friend Cabeza (Carlos Delfino) said in the locker room that is foreign DMO rookie and should give him a break. And actually, I was calm.

Now the team is no longer the rest of the first years, I was alone, and sometimes I have to do some simple things like bring a towel, but do not bother me. The Asseco by the majority of the season also was the youngest and I helped our masseur.

In Houston as a rookie, “forced” me to a duel in October, before the whole dance hall fans

Q: Oh and do not forget to pack. It is a tradition in the NBA. Rookie gets a backpack (mine was from the princess and the dragon) and it must carry with you everywhere.

DMo: Others tend to have worse adventure. You have to be careful, because I do not muting the phone at night, you can get the “vets” (veterans) phone with the command do really stupid tasks like walking to the nearest pharmacy to get condoms at 4 am. Most are also popcorn filling the entire car.

Once gain the sympathy of senior colleagues, the jokes stop. It’s been some time since I was doing a job. Well, now I do not wear my backpack!

Q: Luckily’s been a month and coach McHale again wanted to have you in my team. Kevin McHale was already a living legend as a player the Celtics. What can you say about McHale’u - szkoleniowcu? What is the type of coach?

DMo: McHale is obviously a great coach, but as you might notice, usually newcomers fairly slowly gaining his trust. To gain the respect you have to work hard a lot, so no one thought of saving - we are working really hard.

Q: So why such a change in last Wednesday? (Donatas in the match with 16 minutes in the Clippers scored 13 points, collected 3 balls and had 2 assists - ed)

DMo: It seems to me that the coach is finally beginning to trust me more. I sat on the bench already 50 games, but they still work just as hard, do not stop me and I depend on demonstrable progress.

Q: What day of the NBA player’s life when you are on the go? In Gdynia were standard but two training sessions and a lot of free time. Professional playing overseas requires more sacrifices? You have time to get to know the area?

DMo: Since this is my first year in the NBA, I do not have days off. You have to train every day, to show how much he wants to reach the objective. Newcomers and players who do not get many minutes, so come to the building every day.

Every day I’m at Toyota Center on 10, when I eat breakfast, do the extra training Cast. After proper training, are working individually, I go to the gym an hour after 15.00 and leave the room. I try to spend the afternoon resting at home.

The city is impressive, in Houston 4 million people live, and in Lithuania 3, so does this great impression on me and attractions are many. Night life rather not experience, I was once at a club, it is not time for the event, because my goal is constant work and improvement.

Q: You left Lithuania at the age of 18 years. Italian Treviso and Gdynia away from Kaunas little. TX, however the other end of the world. Is the closest they had already had the opportunity to visit you in Houston?

DMo: The fact that Gdynia to Treviso family to come and to come up without any prior planning. Flight to Houston for them really a big deal. My parents and sister were with me during Christmas, they spent three weeks here. Friends have come under leave soon.

Q: The Houston Rockets have signed four-year contract. Does this time we will see the campaign “Fear the DMO”?

DMo: My priority is the continued development, I want to gain respect, so as I was among the fans in Poland. Dmo must continue to grow to become a face of the campaign. Besides, our marketing and so now crazy about Beard (laughs).

Q: We started with the stars, the stars, and be done with. Just be honest! Who is better: King James or the Black Mamba?

DMo: James Harden! But the way, I’m impressed with the constant game LeBron James.

3 people like this.
  17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

JLin's assists to DMO....confidence booster for DMO and a joy to watch.

Classic Lin... supportive and all around good guy. :cool:

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

The new bromance begins!:grin:

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Did you just refer to harden as white?!

By the way, have you ever heard of Josh Hamilton? Chris Anderson?

It's not what you do in a lot of cases but how you present yourself. Allen Iverson will always be seen as a thug while James Harden will probably never be seen as a thug.

On the flip side our country loves to forgive our athletes of their past transgressions regardless of the severity of the crime or the color of their skin. I give to you prime example number 1: Ray Lewis. He is almost a saint type of figure in the media and in the homes most of white America now. All you have to do is humble yourself a little and stop acting like a thug.

Michael Jordan is a legendary gambler and Vegas party animal. There are stories of him going to Vegas the night before playoff games. He's black but he is still looked at as a saint in almost all of white America. Why? He has had marriage problems, gambling problems and some claim his own fathers death is on his hands. So why does MJ escape any negative impact on his image? It's simple, it's the way he carries himself.

The real question you should ask yourself (if you are intent on making this about race) is why are some black athletes persecuted for their night life activities while some are not. if you find the answer to that question you will find the reason (regardless if its right or wrong) why some black athletes are persecuted in the media for their life style.

If you are having trouble with examples just look at the difference between guys like MJ, LeBron and Harden vs someone like Allen Iverson and your answer should be as plain as the nose on your face.

1 person likes this.
  20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member