1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twins and Tigers tied after 162 games played

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlenRice, Oct 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LOL, well that is a little wishful thinking there. Even if they are somehow able to upset the Yankees and make it to the ALCS, I don't see them beating either Boston or the Angels in the next round.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Great game, what a stretch of great baseball they played there in the final weeks.

Now to get swept by the Yankees.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Its going to be tough going against the Yanks but it will be interesting to see if the momentum from last night will carry over.

4. mc mark

mc mark Member

And guess where I’ll be tonight @ 6:05PM!!!!

Thas right biatches! The first playoff game in the new stadium!

Box seats baby!

[​IMG]

5. MadMax

MadMax Member

man, that's awesome!!! good for you!

6. mc mark

mc mark Member

It's good to have friends in high places!

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What is that next to the new stadium? Is it being built or torn down?

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

you're hanging out with trump, aren't you? ;)

9. mc mark

mc mark Member

the old stadium.

They are going to convert it to a High School baseball diamond for the local High Schools to use.

10. Buck Turgidson

It's also good to be high in friendly places.

Go Twins, Go Rockies.

11. mc mark

mc mark Member

that goes without saying...

wait!

grrrrrr :mad: GO YANKS!!!

12. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

If the twins beat the yankees I dont see how they can't beat the red sox or the angles. Yankees are clrealy the best team in AL.

13. Manny Ramirez

You don't know your baseball history do you? Since 1998, only TWO times has the team with the best record won the World Series (the '98 Yankees and the '07 Red Sox - look it up if you doubt me).

The reason being is that it is all about matchups. Why else do you think that Boston has beaten the Angels the last 3 times they have played in the ALDS? It is because they matchup better against the Angels than the Angels do against them. With that being said, I don't see the Twins being a bad matchup for the Yankees (they probably would have preferred them over the Tigers simply for not having to face Verlander and Jackson but the Yankees will play anyone - it does not matter to them who they face).

Honestly, I don't see the Twins having favorable matchups with any of the other 3 AL playoff teams. If they pull the upset (and some baseball execs are saying it would be a monumental upset), you can't say that they will win the next series. You have to look at the matchups. Of course, teams can have pitchers who are off (like Beckett was last season) and guys who go cold at the plate; however, the odds of that working out for the Twins not once but TWICE is not very favorable.

14. mc mark

mc mark Member

^^^ Hence the reason I would almost rather see the Yanks go up against Boston instead of the Angels.

Angels are a pain in the ass for the Yanks.

15. The Cat

The Cat Member

Here's Chip Carey's epic fail (base hit!), for those who missed it:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4DeQq0PKyho&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4DeQq0PKyho&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't see the Twins even managing a decent challenge for the Yanks without Morneau or a true Ace pitcher.

Plus the Yankees always have the Twins number.

Its nice to see them pull another division title though.

Hope they can keep Mauer.

17. Manny Ramirez

Yup, I have a feeling that if the Angels can end their Red Sox jinx this season that they might be able to make it to the World Series. I am still betting that the Yankees would win between the two but I feel that the Angels have a better chance of beating the Yankees than the Red Sox. Jason Stark of ESPN wrote this morning that a scout said of the Angels - "They don't fear the Yankees like they do the Red Sox."

18. leroy

leroy Member

Carey's an idiot. TBS really had to get the dregs to fill all of the games they have to call over the next few weeks.

19. mc mark

mc mark Member

Plus I don't want to be watching baseball at 2 in the morning on a work night!

20. thegary

thegary Member

it would be a huge upset if the twinkies were to beat the bombers. i just don't see it happening, the yanks got their mojo retrofitted for this year.