1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twin Towers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matthewsq, Oct 11, 2013.

?

Are you excited in seeing Rocket's Twin Towers?

1. Yes

85.1%
  2. No

14.9%
  1. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

I'm had it with the Lin and Berverly or the D.mo and T.Jones Debate.
    I don't have any power over it and hopefully none of you guys have any power over it too. What I want to see is how many people are excited to see Twin Towers!! I'm so excited for saturday game! Hopefully Asik plays and specifically with Howard. :) :) :)

2. torocan

torocan Member

Honestly I'm not sure that Asik/Howard will work on the floor together.

Defensively they'll be beastly (which is good), but offensively I can't see how their games mesh unless one of them finds a mid range or long shot.

Having both of them clog the center also takes away from Harden's driving game, not ideal by any stretch.

It's possible the coaches see something that I haven't, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Asik remains as the back up C and is used sparingly in terms of the Twin Towers. It's not like we're talking about Dream/Sampson. Neither of them are tremendously gifted offensively if you're talking about post game or generating their own shots.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Imagine that offense when we run 3 against 5 on fast break. Sure, defense.

4. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

We can get more fast breaks because those 2 are going to get the board and do full court passes. We all know Asik is a great passer from the board to the other board (from what I saw last season).

5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Dwight tried several midrange shots in the last game - missed all of them. But I am pretty sure he has been working on them in practice to make it work with Asik.

Asik is probably our 3d or 4th best player. He needs to be on the floor a lot. It´s McHales and Dwights/Asiks job to make it work.

6. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

How many fast breaks with more than 3 players have you ever seen?

7. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

8. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Need a better poll though. I'm intrigued to see it and I hope it doesn't drop our offense but no way should it be more that 15-18 minutes because we need either centre on the floor at all times.

Which button do I press for that?

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't mind a slightly less efficient offense if it means we would be beastly on defense.

10. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

nothing but I would suggest for you to press yes because you are intrigue. This post/thread is to see if people are excited about the idea of twin towers.

Your comment is already discussed in other threads. Howard starts then asik comes in and they do 10-15 minutes of twin towers. then howard sits. asik stays for 10 minutes. and howard plays 4th quarter as a center. I didn't bother with the times and stats because it was already discussed in previous thread.

11. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

'Yes' it is.

12. JBar

JBar Rookie

Very excited.

Since we already know the Rockets can play conventionally or with small ball, I want to see if the twin towers will work as well. If it does work, it would give the team great flexibility that could be very important in the post season when teams have to make adjustments over the course of a long series. It would also allow the team to give one of its best players (third best in my opinion) more minutes.

I think that the team shouldn't start the towers but rather typically go to it with an early first quarter sub (along with Bev for Lin).

13. lean

lean Member

Call me a pessimist but I don't think Asik+Howard work on the floor together. The spacing on offense will be non existent, if they can find a way to make it work I would be (pleasantly) surprised.

14. Mariachi ROCKET

What ever Coach Mac decides to do, we'll be beasting out on the court!

That's for Dayum sure!

Lock!

15. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

Imagine though if it works! We would have Godzilla and King Kong in the court! hahaha Just with power they can rule the court. We can be win every game and get King court (you see what I did there? :cool: )
    Offensive pros:
    post-ups
    offensive rebounds
    fast breaks

Defensive pros:
    block shots
    No more drives
    No more post ups
    No more rebounds for the other team
    They can only shoot long 2s or 3s
    Just shooting those would decrease their accuracy
    Ruin their self confidence and quit NBA (just kidding about this line)

Those are all possibilities to the extreme but if you dial it down. They are all possible to some extent.

16. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

there's more but i didn't post anymore but now im bored. so ill post some more

good defence would also lead to higher steals because the guards would be more aggresive.
    more 3s because we would get the rebound.
    LOB city

Offensive Cons:
    No spacing
    Driving would be hard (we already have a top guard in Harden, he can find his own way)
    More 3s which would lead to missing (but we already do a lot of 3s)

Defensive Cons:
    Stretch 4s (LOL)

17. Rox23

Rox23 Member

This was a bad "poll" question. Of course we're excited and curious about it. The question should have been...do we think it will work?

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I don't think Asik will be playing in Taiwan. Still injured.