1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twin Towers: Needs More Time or Give it Up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Nov 8, 2013.

?

Twin Towers?

1. Give It More Time

104 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Bench Asik NOW

317 vote(s)
    75.3%
  1. yummyhawtsauce

Can someone tell me what Lineup that is used to create those big runs in the 3rd Qtr?

2. coffeelover665

Heroic shots happen every other game, the last quarter isn't what killing us. Sometime it goes in, sometimes it doesn't. If Dwight was a step faster he would've blocked it, it happens. What's really killing us is the consistent net negative when we have Asik and Dwight on the floor. We are always behind 10-20 points after the first half and then catch up in the second half.
    Here's a chart of what's been happening

[​IMG]

3. coffeelover665

first half starters should be

Howard
    Harden
    Parson
    Casspi
    Bev/Lin

second half starters are
    Howard
    Asik
    Parson
    Harden
    Lin/Bev

Running howard and asik together in the second half is much better because the other team are most likely in foul trouble (Something Morey said)

4. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Updated totals
    LAL
    Asik+Howard
    (-12) 1st
    (+0) 3rd
    (-12) total
    Asik was (+1) Howard was (+10)

total 6 games
    Time
    071:50 (-19) Asik+Howard
    066:58 (+21) Asik
    132:30 (+31) Howard
    016:02 (-3) Smith
    000:40 (-3) Casspi

I wonder why 20+% in the poll want to keep trying TT.

5. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Howard +7 then Asik +3 in the 3rd
    Asik + 2 then Howard +1 in 4th

6. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

@7:28 (-14)
    Howard, Lin, Harden, Parsons, Casspi
    Lin +8
    Harden +5
    Howard +2

@1:19 (-7)
    Asik, Lin, Harden, Parsons, Casspi
    Parsons +2
    Harden +3

end of 3rd (-4)

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

Never liked it from the beginning. I'm sure the only reason is to please Asik after he was unhappy about it in the offseason. But that's enough pleasing for now.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I was a big proponent of of the Twin Towers but I've practically lost all patience with it now. I like both of them when they are on the floor seperately but not together.

9. dexkk

dexkk Member

Team chemistry could take a whole season to develop. No point in showcasing Asik now. We need to figure out the pieces that will be on the floor come April and give them a lot of minutes together.

10. Big Time Titan

More Asik

Am I the only one sick of this offense? Harden is way too erratic and all over the place. We need to slow the hell down and feed it down low to our bigs. Asik and Howard can destroy it down there but we don't even give Asik any touches.

It seems like McHale is content with just letting Harden run around and freestyle out there. The ball is in Harden's hands way too much. Yes he is good but that only will get us so far. If we were to move the ball around more we could set Howard and Asik up for easy dunks and lay-ins. Also moving the ball around more will give us the option to either slam it down inside or kick out for some 3 ball action. Letting Harden do whatever he wants out there is not gonna get us to where we want to be.

Last night the Kobe-less Lakers exposed a lot of flaws in our team. Granted if Howard hit his damn free throws we would have won but still our offense is horrible.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The Rockets have to keep with it, if anything to keep Asik's trade value up.

It's a short term loss that this team needs to take.

12. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Harden is not elite. Elite guards play defense along with having an elite offense. Wade is losing his athleticism, but he is still the better player. He can shut you down.

The twin towers experiment is a failure. I suggest we start Howard and close with Asik. Their minutes need to be staggered and this is the best way to do it. Howard at the end of games is just too much of a liability. Hack an asik does not work. This hack a howard thing is the ugliest basketball I have witness in a long time. Wish the nba would restrict intentional fouling throughout the entire game and not just the last 2 minutes.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Asik gets paid a lot of money, and he needs to zip his lips and accept his new role on the team. I have no problem with his agent quietly prodding Morey to trade him, so he can be a starter, but he shouldn't utter one peep to the media.

14. Deniz

Deniz Member

LOOOOL
    On that you can be sure:p

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

16. boiler

boiler Member

I don't know why you even brought this up. Rockets will NEVER trade Howard. Don't waste your time.

17. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

No matter how long you try you'll never fit a square peg into a round hole.

18. trock

trock Member

McHale said Nov and Dec are going to be months of experimenting with the lineups. Let's start experimenting already.

19. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Howard and 4 shooters is DEADLY... We've run teams out of the gym with that lineup and now we need to start games with that lineup. It's that simple. It'd be nice to watch one of these games without our team expending all their energy just to get back in the game. We will be fine , but it's time to experiment other starting lineups

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am basically onboard with this thinking.

But I do think that losing Asik is becoming eminent.