1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twin Towers: Needs More Time or Give it Up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Nov 8, 2013.

?

Twin Towers?

1. Give It More Time

104 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Bench Asik NOW

317 vote(s)
    75.3%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's just so strange that the Rockets would trot out a TT lineup but still call plays as if Casspi was in the game. There should be a different set of plays with Asik and Dwight out there.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What plays can you run? You can't post up Asik and he's terrible and catching the ball if you run a pick-and-roll or lob it to him(especially the way this team throws lob passes). And Dwight's post-up game is limited. Plus his foul-shooting is a major liability.

It's a lineup that cannot work. I don't care if you had Phil Jackson or Zombie Red Auerbach coaching this team. They need to stop spotting teams huge leads in the first quarter and the only way to do that is to have 4 guys around Dwight who can hit perimeter shots and/or drive to the hoop.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Kerr put it right on the money. Asik and Dwight can't create their own shots (the latter kinda sorta can, but it doesn't work that much).

Whenever the two are on the floor, the other team would kill us from 3. And when we had the ball on offense, Asik and Dwight clog it up for Lin and Harden. Not to mention, Asik can't catch the ball to save his life.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Might be time to change the starting lineup, and try some TT off the bench against backups.

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

I think the time has come to change the TT concept. It wasn't in the original plans anyway and it neutralises all the things that are good with the Rockets. I also changed my mind about Casspi starting. I did not think that it is a good idea and I think it will hurt his production. However, after tonights game, I realised how much ego there is. There's no room for an additional ego in the starting lineup. A guy like Casspi, who does most of the dirty work with enthusiasm, is just fine there.

I also heard the argument that he is not capable to hold his turf against tough PFs. That doesn't seem to be true either. He held his ground tonight easily against Kaman for example.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

C: Howard
    PF: Parsons, Garcia, or Casspi
    SF: Harden
    SG: Lin
    PG: Beverley

^ This is a really athletic and fierce lineup that can chase shooters and destroy small teams. Harden would be the SF in name only, he would be assigned to the opponent's weakest offensive player on the court, or at least the least active one.

Morey can use the new player tracking technology to determine the least active players and assign Harden to guard that player.

7. Penetrate&Creat

The Twin Towers need to be crumbled. They cannot mesh at all.

8. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

Memphis did it all year and they keep doing it well. it's the coach.

9. jocar

jocar Member

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

difference is gasol can shoot a jumper and can pass very well and randolph is a monster in the post...

neither of these are howard and asik

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Is our Twin Tower same with Menphis's? No, it's very very different.
    Memphis Twin Tower both can shoot ,but D12 & Asik can only stand in painting

12. Asian Sensation

Ahh Mista. Chen yo engrish improve very much from rast time. You aremost fruent now.

13. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Lolwut?

14. Unstable

Unstable Member

I think we have seen enough of Twin Towers unless McHale is able to draw up special plays for them - I do not see any significant value of having TT - I'd much rather have 48 minutes of paint protection alternating Howard and Asik.

15. andersongo

andersongo Member

Where's the bench Howard now option? If the man will play hide and seek on court to avoid taking three-throws, the team will be better off putting him out of his misery before he again embarasses them with other b**** moves.

16. jman7373

jman7373 Member

What do you think of a Howard and Parsons for Love trade?

Asik/Smith
    Love/Jones/Dmo
    Caspi/Garcia
    Harden/Brewer
    Beverly/Lin/Brooks

17. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

no they can stretch the floor mate

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Losing twice in humiliating fashion on the national stage, I think McHale just might start to have second thoughts about the TT. But who would we start at P4? I'm still not comfortable with Casspi/DMo/Jones taking over that responsibility.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I used to be pro TT because i thought the defense outweighed the potential offensive woes.. But, harden's complete disregard of playing proper defense has made the upside of TT defense unachievable.

I guess it comes down to: is asik being showcased or does morey really value tying up 30mil in the center position? Is it worth stunting the development of TJ or donuts?

20. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Not sure Morey has too much to do with rotations and lineups. I think TT is purely a McHale thing. He can be stubborn about changes when he's committed to a certain idea.