1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twas A Long Time Ago...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheDr34m, Oct 2, 2013.

1. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Mine too. But this post was about Matt Schaub Past, Present and Future. An unbiased perspective about Matt positives and negatives because I actually like but don't love him.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

3. TheDr34m

This Sunday will decide whether I am done with him for good. We need a damn solid performance and a convincing win on national television for me to put that on hold till the new england and denver games later on this year.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'll alert the media.

1 person likes this.
  5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I actually read the whole thing and I thought it was good. If I wrote down my exact thoughts through each game up until now, it would have been similar. Hope the Texans can pull it off this week.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. TheDr34m

Thank you kind sir! 1 person fully read and responded I am satisfied there is hope for humanity! :) :grin:

8. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Really hope I didn't waste my time reading something that came out of your ass, but I agree with your post for the most part. I don't think Kubes is an offensive genius but everything about Matt was spot on in my opinion. There are some QB's better than him but he is by far not the worst thing out there like our fans make it seem. It really just seems like they are waiting for him just to screw up so they can say "told you so", but whatever

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What you should do is break it up and post in installments.

One new chapter each week.

Then I'll read it.

You know, like Mark Twain.

10. conquistador#11

a thesis on battlefighting?

11. TheDr34m

It would defeat the purpose because my conclusion on Matt Schaub hinges on his performance on Sunday Night Football against the 49ers this week. If its bad no bueno and adios and if its great it will grant him respite only until his next big matchups until he plays Brady and Manning again.

12. AXG

AXG Member

Let me know when on SparkNotes

13. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Seriously, man, I was only going to give you a positive feedback bump on this, but this is just so unfreakingbelievably true. Pity the poor fools this is only beginning to sink in on... it's basically a way of life.

I may be a whiny b****, but dispute me with facts other than the time when the good Lord saw fit to bless us, the long-suffering, with the Gift of the Dream. Still, it's the Charlie Brown and Lucy with the damn football phenomenon... and our beloved Rox continue to lead the way into the light of actual hope, and I will happily believe this forever no matter what amen.

#BaselessOptimist
    or
    #Masochist

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

In the 3 years Schaub has started all 16 regular season games under center for Kubiak ('09, '10, '12), he has tossed a whopping 39 INTs.

15. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

also yes people could try a little harder to understand each other -- still, op could take a hint, break that **** up, and get a much better response to his no doubt well-thought-out post next time. Human brains need a freaking break from the huge grey masses of text. Gives what you say a lot more punch too, probably. Try it and see for yourself.

Just sayin. #BeWell #Namaste #DontMakeBabyJesusCry

16. TheDr34m

What we and Matt Schaub needs on Sunday is a very convincing victory and no interceptions and that will settle the fanbase down for a little bit.

17. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

You can look at stats to say what you want. "Omg, Tom Brady threw 38 Int's the first 3 regular seasons leading to the Superbowl." "Drew Brees isn't an elite decision maker, he threw 11, 18, 17, 11, 22, 14, and 19 from 2006-2012."

You can look at the stats and go even deeper because that "39 Int's" holds no weight. You can look at how many of their passes are intercepted by getting %'s. TD/I ratio among other things. Obviously, I know they play different integral parts of thier respected teams.

18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

To long didn't read.... LOL

19. msn

msn Member

OP, give a listen to the folks recommending you break that monster up with subtitles and also break up the crazy long paragraphs. I read the first two and remember feeling similar things, but when I saw that next paragraph rolling on and on and on I also quit reading.

If you're going to spend two hours on something, why not do it with real excellence? But more importantly in this scenario: this is a discussion forum, not a blog. It's not *wrong* to post your long-winded musings here, but don't be surprised or appalled when most folks don't read it and when you get some good-natured ribbing. It's a discussion forum. Hell, people probably stopped reading *this* post at least three sentences ago.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

See above for the cliff notes version, folks.