1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld on HBO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I think it is pretty certain that we are working with different timelines.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They've done everything but have someone break the fourth wall and tell us that so...

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I am starting to think that the story line with Maeve is just a narrative created by Ford. It seems far fetched but I just can't imagine Ford would allow a host to run wild in the park like that. It's been too easy for Maeve to manipulate the techs, control the other hosts, and run freely through the park.

I can see Felix come out as a guest who is tasked with helping a host escape the park, only for her to be destroyed in the end after he has completed his story.

Honestly, I just want anything interesting to happen with this storyline. It is by far the least compelling.

BigBird likes this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think that's what going on, Ford has been shown as being aware of nearly all the host......he's branched off from the Western setting with his new narrative.....

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That would be interesting. Ford's newest narrative is HOSTS IN THE REAL WORLD
    because he has lost his mind and feels this will be compelling or something

I could see him doing something like that

Rocket River

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  6. nono

nono Member

I've found myself caring more for the robots on this show than the humans on others. I think this show is even better than Game of Thrones. The acting, writing and directing are so good. I wish there were more episodes for season 1.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Give Anthony hopkins his Emmy now.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I agree. Do you recall the part when the tech guys was helping her mod her attributes? The douche guy realized her attributes had already been tempered/modified with. At the time, it could've been several people, but I think now the only realistic candidate is Ford.

I think that was the intention of the writers. With that said, if Maeve & companies start killing innocent Human or even Hosts, should we still feel the same about them?

10. MoonBus

I respectfully disagree on the "fault" part. Many people complain about shows that show you the story instead of telling it. Even though this show does require more thinking and attention, I think it is a good thing. We already have too many dumb downed shows. The casual viewers can watch those, give us something good/great for the rest. With that said, I think it is difficult for them to sustain the quality for the following seasons. Hope i'm wrong.

Richie_Rich and justtxyank like this.
  11. MoonBus

One thing I don't get is MIB's attitude toward Dolores. I'm not talking about the dragging her to the barn part, because we don't know for certain what happens after that. It is just his general attitude toward her, it doesn't feel at all like someone that once had feelings for her. If MIB = Williams, what happened 30yrs ago that made him changed his attitude toward her? If Dolores kills Logan, I don't think that is enough to make him change his feelings like that.

What if the writers planned all along for MIB to be Logan but mislead us to think it is Williams? If Dolores kills William for whatever reason, it could be enough of a reason for Logan (MIB) to mistreat her. Heck, he never liked her in the 1st place.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The problem is that MIB doesn't look or sound anything like Logan or William. Maybe I'm nitpicking but you'd think that the creators would want to cast people that looked similar to each other to play a character 30 years apart.

13. Commodore

I'm fine with withholding information, but that's different than confusing the viewer. Viewer needs a basic frame of reference. A simple color filter for the different timelines would work (without giving away any mystery).

Even Memento made clear when we were seeing different timelines.

14. justtxyank

Would be weird for him to end up being Logan as MIB has blue eyes just like William. Also, if you believe MIB, he talks about how people in the outside world don't know he's like this. Logan just seems like a total jerk all around.

His attitude towards her could come from her being hard wiped by Ford in the past and rejecting him. 30 years of going back to the park and being rejected could have hardened him towards her. She may also "choose" Arnold over him in the end by rejecting the opportunity to be with him to do what Arnold wants instead.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. MoonBus

Maybe that is done on purpose IF they want us to think it is William, but it turns out to be Logan. Had they cast an actor for the William part to resemble Ed Harris, then people will complain about the writer using cheap trick to deceive the viewer.

I think by giving away the timeline in WW, it does give away some of the mysteries. (Example : Arnold interviewing Dolores. If we knew that was done in the past, viewers can pretty much guessed that Bernard IS Arnold.) The timeline thing is used differently between the 2 shows/movie. Memento's flash backs are used to reveal a piece at a time of what really happened. In WW, it is supposed to cause us to wonder how these things are all tied together. I think if they used the same technique (from Memento) for both shows, people would've complained that this is just Memento 2.0 or worst, accused of using the same trick twice.

16. MoonBus

Agree, it would be weird, because most evidence points to William. I'm just thinking that they have another big reveal other than Ford's narrative. If I have to place a bet, I'm still betting on William. There were a couple of other things that bothered me.

Logan mentioned that his sister is no saint and she also had her fun at the park, so why she would be so judgemental with William that will cause her to kill herself if William is MIB? What dark things did MIB do during these 30yrs that was bad enough for his wife to commit suicide? MIB said he had to see how evil he was, so he killed the innocent Maeve & her daughter. That means he didn't kill anyone that was innocent before that. Killing outlaws is part of the fun/reason to go to WW, I can't see his wife hold that against him. Having sex with Host was enough to drive her to suicide? Well, she did that before too.

17. justtxyank

He may just go cold after Dolores rejects him. We've already seen him getting darker.

18. Commodore

interesting theory....

http://www.thisisinsider.com/westworld-is-dolores-wyatt-2016-12

shastarocket likes this.
  19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I just re-watched the latest episode. I completely forgot Bernard killed himself, or that Ford made him kill himself. I know it's not a big deal in the end, it is "just" a machine and Ford can just patch him up later.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Left field prediction: Ford is actually Arnold, or more accurately a bot built by Arnold to house his consciousness.

Kruze10 likes this.