1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Two and a Half Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

I agree. I find the show funny and I watch it regularly, but it really isn't any better than or very different from a lot of other sitcoms that have been on over the years. I don't really understand why it gets the great ratings that it does, because it's funny but nothing special.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I think it's pretty funny.

3. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

this show is very popular in Sweden

4. Rookie

Rookie Contributing Member

We have recently discovered the vanity cards in the closing credits. They are usually great!

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I like the show but it seems to be getting worse.

Allen keeps acting more and more like a mix of Jerry Lewis and Richard Simmons, and Charlie is nothing but drunk off his a**. This schtick is starting to get a little old now.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hate it. The only people I know who like it are my Mom and my married friend with a kid.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sexual inuwindows?

[​IMG]

I've tried watching this and all other CBS "comedies". They all suck donkey balls. I can predict every joke they make. The Sheen character says something and the fat lady makes a crack. Rinse and repeat.

#28 leroy, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Of all the CBS sitcoms, I really only liked How I Met Your Mother and King of Queens. In fact, I usually still see those shows every day (after work, late afternoon). I've also recently discovered New Adventures of Old Christine. The storylines and awkward moments tend to wear on me but I love the characters on that show.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yeah man, you don't want to be doing it inuwindows! The neighbors may not appreciate that.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I loved HIMYM and King of Queens. I think HIMYM is starting to get ridiculous. He should meet his wife already, it's getting annoying. The series doesn't have to end if he meets his wife, they can awkwardly date for 4 or 5 seasons and then get married. I'm reaching my end with that series.

Two and a half men is absolutely great if there is nothing on television. I watch it primarily for the predictable jokes and the sexual escapades of the Charlie Harper character. However, when House and Chuck are on Mondays now, it's hard for me to make time for the show. I watch Chuck and then the recorded version of House.

12. davo

davo Contributing Member

I find it funny. I watched about 5 episides in a row on a flight to Australia recently (Qantas Airbus A380 :eek: ) and embarassed myself with several laugh out loud moments.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

They have stories in those movies now?

14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/27/charl...al-pain-stomach-ambulance-two-and-a-half-men/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/28/uk-charliesheen-executives-idUKTRE70R03Q20110128

"Charlie Sheen was in the middle of a marathon "party" last night and this morning with 5 women before something went so wrong, he ended up on a stretcher in an ambulance."

I don't care much for celeb news, but this just seems a sad way for a man to kill himself. Ironically, there's an audience of guys who support his hedonistic lifestyle of coke and doing several women at once while all he needs is help.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This sounds exactly how I want to go. A 36-hour party bender with 5 chicks.

16. Steve_Francis_rules

From the article:

Of course he knows his character well. He's just playing himself on the show. Showing up and being yourself doesn't really require a high level of professionalism.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kinda funny.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My take on the show? The first season was hilarious. I even bought the DVD of that season (on sale, of course!), we laughed all the way through it, and I then purchased the second. Big mistake. Halfway through watching the second season, you realize that they are doing the same jokes as season one over and over and over and... yeah, into infinity and beyond. If anyone has missed this show (personally, I watch very little network TV anymore, and I bet I'm not alone), I highly recommend seeing season one and blowing off the rest of the series. Charlie Sheen is a talented actor who should move on to something else, IMO. If he can stay out of jail.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Charlie Sheen makes $1.8 million per episode. He's going to milk this show for as long as it lasts and I don't blame him for that money.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I understand that he's doing it for the money, but I just think it's a pity that he's still doing it for the paycheck.