1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] True Blood Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't realize it was even on a downward spiral. I guess I'm just strictly in it for the entertainment without getting too cerebral about it. For me, it's well done vampirism with werewolves, shapeshifters, fairies, etc. mixed in. Some of it is kind of hit or miss...but it's been more hit than miss imo. It's a hell of a lot better than that Twilight crap. Someone mentioned Vampire Diaries but I haven't seen that.

I just don't want to see any of you torture yourselves over watching it. lol

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I am in it for entertainment as well. Hard to get too cerebral about a show like this.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Guilty pleasure of mines as well, friend got me hooked on that one. Very good show though

As for True Blood I think this season has been much much better than the mess that was last season.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

season 6 up, I don't have thread privileges so someone go start a thread.

Its pretty good so far, I told myself I wouldn't watch anymore but I'm hooked on again.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah pretty good start to the season so far with the first 3 episodes.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Way the hell better than Dexter has been for a while.

I think this season will be strong.

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

yea really surprising me , I thought the show fell off the train like 3 seasons ago.

The first 3 seasons are what got me into TV series, thats how good it was.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I was really into it up through season 2. Season 3 was okay, then season 4 got so weird that I stopped watching it. I don't even think I made it through the season.

I might consider picking it back up again if this season is good. But I think season 4 killed the series for me.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

it's worse than ever, imo. never seen a show get progressively worse and worse like this.

why am i still watching? because i have some sick compulsion to finish every show that i watch at least a couple seasons of.

10. myco

myco Contributing Member

Which is why I watched every episode of Heroes :(

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

jesus is this show terrible now. It seriously needed to be euthanized after the 4th season.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I'm still going to finish out the series since I've already watched 6 seasons and this being the final season, but it has been off to yet another subpar beginning.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife likes it and I don't dislike it enough to be bothered by it. Still think the first season was the best, rest has been up and down in terms of quality.

14. conquistador#11

hookers, whether young or old, love vampire stuff.
    I quit after the fairy crap, but attempted to get back into it last season. it continued to be bad. we'll always have the first 2 seasons though.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Evil is good
    *ss is good!
    If you can get some Evil *ss!!! WHHEEEWW!!!"
    - Sincerely [​IMG]

This series is so bad . .. . . i have never wanna see Anna Paquin [and her rancid southern accent] again
    and several other the actors! LOL

Rocket River

16. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

No doubt. She has become unbearable. I wanna see her dead! She could do all the episodes nude, and it still wouldnt make up for how damn annoying she has become.

The only character I still enjoy is Pam. That chick cracks me up. It's crazy that she was "man hands" on Seinfeld.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bSL4cmFW_GU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. conquistador#11

thanks for that video. had no clue pam was man hands. pretty cool watching them before they were stars. it's like watching band of brothers or freaks and geeks and seeing how many small roles went on to bigger things.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea, I'll finish too, but to echo what others have already said...Paquin's character is terrible and the acting (overall) seems to have gotten worse.

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

my thoughts exactly. Stopped after season 4. everyone I know said Season 5 was so terrible I never watched it. Heard last season was decent and this season not so much so far. Either way, I'm over the show. It was really good the first couple of years, IMO

20. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member