1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]The X-Factor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ascaptjack, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I think Chris Rene gets worse every week.

I'm glad Stacy wasn't doing her "poor me" thing this week, it was implied that LA had a conversation with her. Good thing.

The Stereo Hogzzs had better be a little more humble after their performances, everyone likes talent but nobody likes arrogance.

Why isn't Leroy doing any Bill Withers?

Drew has the best chance based on her uniqueness and vocal capability.

My fear is the Melanie will suffer a Pia Toscano fate and ballad her way out of contention. I'd hate that because I think she should win it all.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Outasight can't sing for sh-t, but damn if that song isn't catchy as hell. Friggin' Pepsi...

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Well, time for Stereo Hogzz to go, if you ask me. The kids just seemed like they wanted it way more.

And here's that song again. Just got it out of my head... Damn you, Pepsi.

4. what

what Member

InTENsity didn't deserve to be in the bottom 2, but America has no clue who they are. The group of girls got through on sex appeal.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

What the f-ck is it with Stereo Hogzz? They sucked before final 12, and they sucked worse tonight!

And they can keep on doing that. I do not mind one bit.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm so glad I was wrong about Leroy going home.

As far as the bottom two... I don't know. I was totally against Intensity, but there was a moment in that song that Stereo Hogzz sang tonight where the other 4 guys had their mics down at their waist, yet the backup singers were still going on the track. I wanted them to go home right then and there.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

well, that was their second chance...

8. what

what Member

There is a reason they were in the bottom 2. It isn't 1990 anymore.

I'm Dial-0n and I spit hot fire. They need a chick in their group and maybe they'd be relevant.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Intensity just had way too many memebers. I never thought they would get far anyways.

My early favorites are Drew and Josh K.

I really like Drew's voice.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed on all fronts.

Intensity has 10 members but only 2-3 of them actually do anything. Their lead singer, that chick, is pretty good. So is that R&B kid. But other than that they're all backup singers.

Early favorites, at least in my estimation, are definitely Drew, Josh, Melanie and Astro. I would be very surprised when it's all said and done if the winner of this competition wasn't one of those four.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My favorite got sent home before the live shows. Now its a battle between Josh, Drew, and Astro. They are all unique. Melanie is talented but boring.

12. Prince

Prince Member

Astro would be the best talent to endorse Pepsi but I'm not sure if american can take the same beat for the next 10 more weeks. He's lucky there's no country singer in the group :). Oh well, i just realized it's not for a dr pepper ad. :)

13. sew

sew Member

This is Drew's competition to lose, IMO.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I did watch it live... I just assumed they were better performers than that. I'll admit to it being the first time I've watched the show live

also... this is just pathetic

Lip syncing Shocker

freaking lip syncing at a singing competition...

They can posture all they want... the sing-off contestants don't lip sync their ensemble performance

now I know why I don't really like this show....

15. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

American Idol does the same thing with their group performances. The Sing-off is different from the X-Factor because that's ALL acapella and actually about the singing. X-Factor is more about who is the best entertainer, that's why they allow them to have backup vocal tracks on their performances. Thats what you have to keep in mind when you watch this show

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That explains why I don't like american idol then ;)

17. sew

sew Member

18. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

they got one week to prepare the song for the competition. I guess it's fair enough not to expect live group performance.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't have a problem with them lip-synching the group performance at all. It's just a useless performance that is only there to waste time.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Movie theme night.

Stacy Francis goes with "Queen of the Night" from The Bodyguard. A Whitney song that's not "too Whitney." She did alright. Avoided the cliche disaster that "I Will Always Love You" would have been at least. LA is an idiot for wondering why she didn't sing that.

Marcus Canty was pretty good. Showed what he can really do with that voice. Awesome.

Drew. Those teeth... Ah well, she'll take care of that in due time. Performance was her worst so far, imo, but that doesn't necessarily = bad. It was good. She just needs to diversify a bit. WTF was she wearing though?

BTW this audience is so f--king annoying, they're ruining the whole show.

Leroy. Eh, I dunno. Good, I guess. Judges liked it so... there's that.

Lakoda Rayne. Hotness. I actually noticed the vocals this time around and they were pretty good too.

How is Simon getting consistently outwitted by Paula in their banter? LoL.