1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]The X-Factor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ascaptjack, Sep 23, 2011.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

maybe it was different live, but the youtube version sounds the same as he's sounded throughout. Definitely talented for someone his age, but overconfident (which is extremely annoying) and not that creative - it's simple rhyming, difficult to do on the spot, sure, but with considerable lead-time, kind of boring, really.

2. what

what Member

My prediction: Dexter Haygood will be the biggest star to come out of xfactor.

His voice is so electric and perfect for rap song accompaniment.

I think that Nicole's thought process was based first on Stacy = no brainer. 2nd, Josh was her pc pick. Third she picked leroy as substance over novelty.

Maybe she will help dexter, but he certainly deserved to be on the show.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Finally got around to watching last week's show.

For once, I actually agree with the judge's picks.

4. Prince

Prince Member

i'm not a big fan of hip hops but that one was good and fun. the over confidence thing is a common ingredient in hip hops i think, it would be dull to watch without it. and yes, hip hop is rhyming, the simpler the better. the key is beat and background melody. my two cents.

i just hope he won't talk on stage cuz he's overconfidence is magnified.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The chicks on Lakoda Rayne are crazy hot, especially the blonde Angelina Jolie lookalike.

6. what

what Member

Overproduced crap so far.

7. Prince

Prince Member

The chicks on Lakoda Rayne are crazy hot, especially the blonde Angelina Jolie lookalike.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Liked Stereo Hogzz, but they are still one guy and 4 backup dancers. Not really a group to me. Paula killed it with their choreography though.

Is it just me, or did Chris Rene not sound all that great? Judges loved him. I thought my sound system was pretty decent, but I guess it must have failed me there.

Leroy Bell was decent, but didn't really impress me. I'm with Simon and LA on his performance. Just... 'meh'

lol, why does Simon keep picking songs that marginalize Rachel's voice? She should go on based on what she's done before, but the man needs to let her loose. I guess he's playing the biding time game, saving her best for when she'll really need the votes. That girl could win with her smile and spirit alone, honestly.

Lakoda Rayne. Hotness alert! These chicks are awesome. I have no idea how they sounded, actually. Just vote them through.

Josh was pretty damn good. Dude's voice is a weapon. He can perform any song, even when Nicole tries to sabotage him. lol

Melanie Amaro. *******, this chick is great. That is all.

9. Prince

Prince Member

so who's leaving...????

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Since I wasn't too down last week, only fair to say Astro was so much better this week imo.

Josh still great.

Drew still great.

Paula has done an amazing job with the groups, even though I can't see one winning.

Melanie is a natural... Though I still find her kind of boring.

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I like Stero Hogzz and I agree with you but I've realized the X-Factor isn't a singing competition like American Idol its more about who's the best entertainer. Otherwise they wouldn't let them have those backup tracks with people (probably not even them) singing.

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Enjoyed Astro's performance. Dude is a lyrical beast for a 14 year old. He and Rachel are so mature for their age. I guess that's why they're on the show.

Intensity... Judges liked 'em. I wouldn't mind them going home though.

Drew may be the most unique performer in this competition. She's great. If she gets the 5 mil and fixes those teeth, she'll be an original superstar. lol. Seriously, enjoyed her performance.

Marcus Canty had good energy and choreography. Just had to work on that weird leg-spasm dance he has. haha. Song took me back to the days when BB made push-ups a dance. Pretty good performance.

Stacey Francis was great, as usual, but having one gear vocally may come back to bite her later. Still, she should not be going home for a long time.

13. what

what Member

1. Drew
    2. Stacy
    3. Josh
    4. Intensity

That's how I see it.

Drew is a real star. She is so much like Taylor Swift it is crazy. She could put out a record right now.

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

the dance was awkward. but not her fault. she could beat laying down. man i give her props for being willing to smile tho, that smile is terrible.

15. what

what Member

I actually hope that they don't try to fix her teeth. Not that her smile is great but it does fit her personality and she has a cuteness about her. She's never going to be a demi lovato in terms of looks, but her voices are just as good and relevant.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

honestly... not that impressed with any of them... I think it was the sound system

The acoustics or something was terrible.. the backup singers sounded louder than the artists and the crowd messed with it too

I'm only casually watching the show, so I can give you the numbers I liked the best... 6, 7, and the two youngest kids Astro and the girl with the curls... though he has an attitude and Simon totally played too much on her charm and not enough on her voice

17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

if you did not watch it live then it's time to change your tv or sound system.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I have to be honest, I wasn't all that blown away by most of last night's performances.

Here's a few thoughts....

Boys: Astro is VERY good at what he does. I'm slowly starting to embrace the idea of a rapper on a singing competition. And let's be honest: he's young, exciting -- people are going to vote for him and he has a legit shot at winning this competition. I wish they would stop trying to turn Marcus Canty into Bobby Brown. He started off slowly with Bruno Mars, it really gave him a chance to showcase the range in his voice. Then, it got way too cheesy R&B for my taste with the Bobby Brown stuff. And in a few words: I'm over Chris Rene. Chris would be better off rapping instead of trying to sing with his so-so voice.

Girls: Melano Amaro completely blew me away. She's probably the best singer in this competition. I'm a little worried about her overall appeal, but it was nice to see her do something different and prove she's more than just a ballad singer. Wasn't wild about Drew's performance but I really like her and think she's one of the frontrunner's. And Rachel Crow, gotta love her too, but it was a poor song choice and either something was wrong with the sound (turn her mic up??) or she was just flat-out underwhelming. All I know was the song went one place, her voice went another.

Over 30's: It seems people are kind of ho-hum on Leroy Bell's performance. Personally, I liked it. I like his voice. Part of me thinks he's toast due to the whole, "Who's going to vote for a 59-year-old guy" thing. Josh Krajcik was awesome yet again. Song choice was definitely unusual but his performance built up and gradually got better. And Stacy Francis is good, we all know this. But I sort of disagree with Simon that she needs to stick to one category of music. If she becomes a one-trick-pony it's going to be hard to excite voters.

Groups: This category is still a joke, IMO. It's still unfathomable to me how badly Paula butchered this category when going from eight to four. The best contestants among this category are the Stereo Hoggz and they have maybe 1/3 of the talent that the other black boyband has that she sent home. I guess I'll need to get over that. Lakoda Rayne is cheesy. Sorry. And "InTENsity" should consider cutting and renaming themselves, since only 2-3 of them actually do anything other than background vocals.

My rankings:

1) Melanie
    2) Drew
    3) Josh
    4) Astro
    5) Marcus
    6) Stacy
    7) Rachel
    8) Stereo Hoggz
    9) Leroy
    10) Lakoda Rayne
    11) Chris
    12) Intensity

Intensity won't be the one going home tonight due to sheer strength in numbers. Who knows how many thousands of people these middle and HS kids have voting for them? My guess is either Chris or Leroy go home tonight. Possibly Rachel too.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

SMDH... 4Shore had the better group of singers, but Stereo Hogzz are, far and away, the better group. They know exactly who they are and they have the image that can sell a ton of records.

The problem is... I don't think there is any chance a group wins this competition.

Anyways, here is how I felt about each category:

Boys --- Astro has really grown on me. I was not a fan of his at all at the start, but I really dig the guy now... I can finally see the potential. LA Reid is totally ruining Marcus Canty for me. And I've lost all interest in Chris Rene.

Over 30s --- Josh is the real freaking deal. I LOVED the risk that they took and he nailed it. Stacy is a one-trick pony that will stay here for a while but when it gets down to the top 5 or 6, she'll be gone. I thought Leroy was good, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone after this week.

Groups --- Weakest category in the competition, by far. The Stereo Hogzz are really good, but they won't win it. Lakoda Rayne is great to look at and they all have a good voice, but Paula is ruining them. And I hope InTENsity goes away soon.

Girls --- Most talented category in the competition, by far. Drew was outstanding, as usual. Melanie has an amazing voice and I really liked the song choice. Simon is hurting Rachel Crow, though, in my opinion. She has a really good voice... showcase it a little bit, please.

My overall rankings up to this point would look like this:

1. Drew
    2. Josh
    3. Melanie
    4. Astro
    5. Rachel Crow
    6. Stereo Hogzz
    7. Marcus Canty
    8. Stacy Francis
    9. Leroy Bell
    10. Lakoda Rayne
    11. InTENsity
    12. Chris Rene

My top 3 are pretty much interchangeable. Chris Rene just doesn't have the voice to stay around long, so I think he needs to just go now. I would be totally ok with InTENsity going home.

My prediction is that Leroy goes home, though.

20. Prince

Prince Member

bottom 3 tonight:

Based on performance last night
    Leroy
    Marcus
    Stacy