1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]The X-Factor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ascaptjack, Sep 23, 2011.

1. SunsRocketsfan

Agreed Marcus Canty just nailed All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo.. in fact I liked his version better than the original. He definitely sang it with passion and having Rhianna there doesnt hurt... She's mega hot :)

For those of you that missed his performance here you go...
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8tX-nhexMPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. what

what Member

From the guys I think both will make it.

Marcus Canty
    Tim Cifers
    Brian Bradley (the kid)
    Chris Rene

I could see Skyelor edging out Cifer though. But really Cifers is the better singer of the two.

For the girls it is going to be tough.

Melanie Amaro is a lock.

Beyond that, Simon could go a number of ways.

Drew Ryniewicz
    Caitlin Koch
    Rachel Crow
    Tiah Tolliver

I really hope Caitlin makes it. But if Tiah gets through, which I think she will, that means that either Drew or Rachel is left off the show. I could see Caitlin getting Ax'ed only because she might be seen as less commercial. But she has been my favorite girl.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It makes me laugh because they used a clip of Rihanna saying "That's not what I'm convinced of" that she actually said about somebody else... but they used it for Marcus as well because neither one of them had a bad thing to say about him lol.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Simon is usually pretty good at talent evaluation (hence the big boat, house in Paris, etc.), but his fascination with Tiah is kind of strange.

That said, I can't for the life of me understand why someone would buy anything Beyonce related, so I'm probably not the right person to judge that.

5. what

what Member

Wow, not a huge shocker, but it is looking bad for Caitlin Koch.

6. what

what Member

Caitlin got a raw deal. I think simon went back to old Idol videos to change his mind. This is crazy. Simon basically sent Rachel Crow or Melanie Amaro home for Tiah Tolliver. Craziness.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

So either Rachel Crow or Melanie Amaro won't make it? F this show. I'm out.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

And he brought Melanie back....

Bastards got lucky and kept a viewer. :)

9. what

what Member

Still simon got it wrong. Caitlin, I believe, outsung Tiah for sure, but also Simone Battle didn't deserve a spot. The girl forgot her lyrics. It is pretty sick for her because Caitlin definitely deserved a spot.

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Didn't get too upset about that because I don't really mind if people I don't think have a chance of winning it all get cut a little early. I do agree with you though, Caitlin definitely should have been in instead of Simone. She's a much better vocalist and I just can't stand Simone.

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

LOL. There was no point for them to go through the whole Judge's house auditions, they had the final people picked from the start. Simon was going to pick Tiah and Simone from the start, despite them never getting unanimously liked or always forgetting their lyrics.

Stereo Hoggz crack me up. Its basically 1 guy and 4 back up dancers, the tall guy doesn't even bother to pretend to sing or use the mic

12. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

But why:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B0osVjAw6pI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Can't believe that, of all the categories, the girls were the ones to get the extra one. I mean, I understand it's Simon, and the guy can do pretty much whatever he wants, but Melanie should have very easily been in over Simone. Simone is not that good...

The Over 30s should have gotten the extra contestant. That category is loaded with talent, and Tiger definitely should have been able to get a chance at a Live Show.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

The bottom line is that this show is turning out to be really good. The judges are great, categories are interesting, and the talent they have found is higher than those I've seen on American Idol.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Totally agree SacTown

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Never seen it, but I hate it because I don't get to watch Zooey for the next couple weeks due to this show

17. what

what Member

psst. two broke girls is a far better show. big bang theory is also.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think they've made the show worse. I guess the baseball game thing didn't help...

but whereas they were relatively zooming through the process, it's now taken what, 3-4 episodes at the judges house.

which, as someone noted, wasn't necessary in the first place. they knew who they wanted to take already. the freaking groups category - horrible, agreed - took the 2 groups the judges formed, both of whom sucked t***.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I can honestly say I disagreed with roughly half of the judges' picks.

Part of me likes that. Part of me thinks the show is fixed (i.e. putting those randomly formed reject bands through). Overall, though, most of the frontrunners and best talents made it through. That, right there, is your silver living from a bizarre episode in which a lot of worthy acts were sent packing.

The group category is a complete joke. Those reject bands sucked and have absolutely no chance at commercial success. None. Putting them through reeks of somebody having an agenda. Also, the Brewer Boys are barely a notch above HS talent show level. Sorry, just being honest. And they picked the lesser of the two black boybands to advance. From top-to-bottom this category was completely botched.

For the boys, you absolutely had to put Chris Rene and Marcus Canty through. I don't necessarily have a problem putting Philip Lomax through, I just question how much star-factor a 21-year-old Jazz singer with a decent voice has. Personally, I would have taken either Tim Cifers or Brennan Hunt (a guy I feel was a huge snub). And personally, I don't care for 14-year-old rappers competing in singing competitions.

As for the girls, I must have missed something with this Simone Battle chick. Completely unworthy, IMO. And I agree, Simon's fascination with Tiah Tolliver is going to have to end at some point. She's talented but Caitlin Koch and Jazzlyn Little were both worthy of advancing and had to get sent packing because of so-so talents like Simone and Tiah getting the nod instead. Conversely, Drew Ryniewicz, Rachel Crow and Melanie Amaro all deserved it. Glad to see them all advance.

And last but not least: the Over 30's. Overall, I thought Nicole did a decent job with probably the toughest category to judge. My only issue with her is putting Dexter through. Not a fan of him at all (yeah, great story -- okay, but c'mon now). Tiger was better and went for it all during his last performance. That should have counted for something.

1 person likes this.
  20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Melanie Amaro for the win.