1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]The X-Factor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ascaptjack, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Has anyone seen the new US version this season?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dYPTS_39I8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish Nicole Scherzinger tripped on me.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SuqfV8lCrN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This show has some real talent.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's pretty much American Idol but with better judges and more cash and less restrictions.

Basically, I am pretty sure it will kill American Idol.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I was super impressed with Chris Rene and Stacey Francis.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I like how they found another dude who looks exactly like Randy Jackson.

[​IMG]

It took me about half way through the show to realize it wasn't him.

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The over the top audience reaction during every 5 seconds of every performance is a little much

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I can't stand it. It's all staged. Paula acting like a freaking drama queen, and Nicole acting like a prissy b*tch. Just let us see the contestants sing and see what talent they have without having to show us the extra crap.

7. what

what Member

Yeah, this show is not original. It is basically a hybrid between american idol and america's got talent.

And yes it is badly staged. Chris Rene was good, but I doubt that he really went to rehab. Some of these contestants has gotten hip to the fact that if you say you are down n out you gonna get sympathy votes.

Chris Rene has other songs out to by the way. He is a full fledged artist.

8. what

what Member

One other thing they should have kept Cheryl Cole. She is much more charming than Nicole by far.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not into these singing competitions. I think I've seen only 3 full seasons of American Idol. The hype surrounding this show made me DVR it; couldn't get thorough the full 2 hours. I think I'll wait until the auditions are over and maybe I'll pick it up again.

I wish they would have kept Cheryl Cole; I like her.

I don't know if this show will outlast American Idol. Idol is/was(?) a Juggernaut; other networks would schedule around it. X-Factor has been beaten twice in the ratings already by Modern Family and Big Bang. I know it does REALLY well over seas and the acts/singers on the show go on to have great success I just don't see that happening here.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This looks promising. I watched a couple of seasons of Idol several years ago but they screen everyone trying to find the next top 40 artist instead of looking for pure talent. Looks like this show may not do that.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Really, more of this stuff? Do we honestly expect newer versions of these things to keep getting ratings and making money?

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This has two things the others don't - Simon Cowell, the man who made this style of singing competition popular, and Nicole Sherzinger (sp?). I don't think I really need to explain Nicole Sherzinger.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I watched Wednesday, but not Thursday. The judges are more likable on X-Factor than on Idol, but the talent was worse. I don't like how they let through people who really can't sing. Simon is supposed to loathe you if you can't sing!

Paula is funny though, getting sick after seeing that guy's peen. Like she hasn't seen plenty before lol...

14. AB423

AB423 Member

and WAYYY hotter, she looked stunning!

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Sure, but that's LA Reid. His credentials speak for themselves.

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Cheryl Cole looks like a British Vivian Hsu..... or Vivian Hsu looks like an Asian Cheryl Cole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. what

what Member

I think Cheryl looks like a young shania twain. And yes, she is stunning and I love her natural look.

18. hvic

hvic Member

I thought Cheryl looked like the british version of Tiffany from save by the bell with the big hair

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

They definitely should have kept Cheryl Cole. I've seen her on the UK version of X-Factor and she's a really good judge. She doesn't really sugar-coat things, and she gets emotionally invested in the competition. My only complaint about her is that I'm not much of a fan of her accent, but hell, I can live with an accent. I can't live with a s**tty judge (ahem, American Idol).

And, personally, what separates this show from American Idol (at least from what I've seen of the UK version) is that the live performances feel like actual concert performances. They have full-blown dance routines, stage props, everything. It's not just one person standing on the stage with a mediocre house band playing the background music.

By the way, for those of you that watched the second episode... was it just me, or did Nicole look EXACTLY like Jennifer Lopez when she had that white long-sleeve shirt on and her hair pulled back in a ponytail? That was freaking uncanny.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

There needs to be a gif of that black dude moving side to side with that angry look in the first video.

Classic.