1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The River

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Stacy's knee, Feb 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

Did y'all like it? I thought it was pretty good, it kept me interested the entire two hours.

2. what

what Member

damn it: i missed it and I wanted to see this. what time did come on?

3. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

8-10 on ABC

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The acting was horrible, I already wanted the mom to die after the first hour she was that annoying. So many supernatural events happened and everyone acted like they were everyday occurances.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Watched the first 30 minutes and it is good so far; I'm enjoying it more than the Terra Nova and Alcatraz pilots. This finally looks like the scifi serialized show I've been wanting for the past couple years. The premise doesn't seem like the type to rely much on the "Monster of the week".

6. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

That was amazing... I think this show has real potential

7. Yao11

Yao11 Member

I like this show. You can really see how much of an impact/effect Oren Peli has on it. There are so many similarities between this show and Paranormal Activity (the text, intro, girl walking around possessed), it's almost PA in a jungle.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Missed it yesterday will have to watch it this weekend, heard it was decent.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I thought it kind of sucked. I pretty much knew I didn't like it but kept it on in the 2nd hour. Halfway through, I had to change the channel.

The whole documentary, hidden camera style feels really contrived and forced to me. I could understand them starting off the series that way, but I don't want to watch every episode shot like that.

10. Yao11

Yao11 Member

I don't know of anybody has been keeping up with this show, but the past two episodes have been pretty interesting...

Last night's episode had zombies! Interesting back story on how their virus started, although not that original

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm taking what I said back.

Better than Terra Nova and Alcatraz, but after that first episode it has devolved into one of those creature/case of the week shows I dislike. Haven't watched in a while, but since I started it, I feel an obligation to finish it...

12. Yao11

Yao11 Member

MUCH better than Alcatraz. I had the hardest time finishing the second episode of that show.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That is one whacky river ride. I dunno what the hell is going on with this show. Is this just one long river ride where there is some new creature or contrived story each week for why people on the boat keep getting slaughtered? What is the premise of this show? I think originally they set out to find somebody who got lost on the river? I guess if it could hold my attention for more than two minutes...maybe I would know what is going on? But, I always end up changing the channel. For example, I tuned in for a minute last night and saw some body on the ship deck leaking blood while a "creature" gnawed on it just out of sight of the camera. I wasn't impressed so I turned it off at that moment. lol

14. Yao11

Yao11 Member

It's about a mother and son setting out to find their husband/father who is lost in the amazon. They entered a part of the jungle that is presumed to be "haunted" by ghosts, spirits, supernatural stuff. The past two episodes were quite good, answering a few questions about the show itself.