1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Expanse Season 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

So I'm a huge fan of the series, even bought the books..... But man the series has really fallen of for me since halfway through season 3, I remember the first 6 ish episodes from season 3 just being amazing and all of sudden there was the documentary chick in the ship and everything just died down.

Hopefully season 6 has more to it than Naomi closeups...

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought I was the only one, she looks even worse than when they were on syfi...is it the 4K???

They keep talking about her ordeal in season 5 as a good thing...tone deaf!

They should've put that Dora on Planet X sub-arc in a post credits shot. It's like slamming emergency breaks at the starting line.

Totally eye rolling and predictable where it leads...oh just wait, it'll be uber important soon...soon...soon!!

#22 Invisible Fan, Dec 24, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    Salvy likes this.
  3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I guess I'll spoiler this, not a season 6 spoiler which I haven't watched yet but relevant to the previous seasons.

It's felt like the protomolecule became a MacGuffin for the first couple of seasons which is disappointing.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah, not gonna lie those were some excruciating long scenes..... And after all of it what do we get?
    They randomly and cheaply kill off one of the best characters

I hate when a series plays off of tragedy and sinks the story even deeper and deeper in despair for a cheap trade off that was not good enough for all the crap we just had to watch. The Walking Dead is the biggest offender in this, they pretty much rely on tragedy after tragedy all for a payoff that typically ends up a cliff hanger or a minimal resolution no one wanted or cared about....

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I personally disliked a couple characters during season 3, the preacher lady being the main one. Absolutely pointless character that got an unreasonable amount of camera time. There were others but she was the main one. Shame as it had some really compelling storylines.

Naomi has never bothered me though.

Salvy likes this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah I agree, she was at most meh.... I did not mind Naomi at all season 1-3, even 4... I even liked her but the way they handled season 5 ruined the character for me. Hopefully 6 fixes it.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

She is still superior to her offspring though lol

Salvy and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lol absolutely, no wonder she never really mentioned or cared about him season 1-4......

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is the stupidest post ever. Congratulations.

Invisible Fan and Squirtle like this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is the stupidest post ever. Congratulations.

Squirtle likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

She most definitely cared about him it's has been a major plot point about Naomi since season 1.

clos4life likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

...o_O...

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Maybe I don't remember it, it was always there as something tragic that had happened to her but never talked about actually going out and making it an absolute priority to find him. Until season 5...... I could be wrong...

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Series finale aired. I thought it was a satisfying conclusion to the story. I wish they had more episodes to flesh out the plot since there was a lot going on, but it was done well enough.

Still not sure what significance the Dora the Explorer cold opens had. Feels like they wasted too much time on it.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's decent when they finally break the budget.

They should've put the Dora scenes in the post credits. That Martian admiral double cross wouldn't make any less sense if people didn't wait to watch them.

It would've also been a teaser off the series ever got picked up again.

... if Mao only got 5 yrs left then the supposed time jump means she's died.

... They left an open seat at the dinner table for Alex. Shitty situation

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The TV show sounds like the novels -- they start off great, but by the 4th book it becomes a total slog to get through.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I finally got around to watching it....I dunno, it's okay I guess. There's enough potentially interesting going on to encourage you to continue watching, but it never amounts to much IMO.

The weird shaggy dog story with the little girl was an odd decision to waste time on in an already too short season.

18. dmoneybangbang

Not a bad ending per se, but underwhelming.

I think the dog and the protomolecule/the entities mystique is just about the uncertainty of the universe.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I finally watched the entire season and it ended on a high note.

Yeah, the Dora part seemed to tacked on or cut because they shortened the season, would like to know what the significance of her in the books, there was a lot of stuff happening on that planet and I never understood what they were building, and who was that population of people?

Martians?

I would actually like to explore what is going on in The Ring.

Camina ****ing Drummer I love that character and the actress needs to be more of a thing, she is a badass and she is gorgeous in real life.

I thought Amos and Bobbie were gonna become "closer" I am glad they did not go there.

Now we know why they spent so much time on Naomi it still was a bit much, but I can see the emotional arc.

It was kinda cool how they killed Inaros and just in time because he was becoming too much, I kinda hated that they let the son escape it took a lot of the emotional weight away.

Invisible Fan and peleincubus like this.
  20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

From what I gathered on the subreddit, Laconia is a colony that scientific settlers found a bunch of alien ships there. The rogue Martians came and set up some martial law there. It's the setting for books 7-9. So while it teased the next plot, it was kind of pointless as the series ended. I wonder if the showrunners would've included that subplot if they knew they were getting canceled. There's some hope for a movie about that subplot, but I think that's as likely as the Community movie.

peleincubus likes this.