1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Cape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 18, 2010.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

New superhero show from NBC. Looks promising. And Summer Glau. Hope NBC doesn't muck this one up.

<object width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1228325&showID=392&siteurl=http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/video/the-cape---full-length-trailer/1228325"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1228325&showID=392&siteurl=http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/video/the-cape---full-length-trailer/1228325" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" align="middle" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

link

Although NBC may have soured on Heroes, the network is keen on another superhero drama, announcing today that it has picked up The Cape for the fall season.

Created by Thomas Wheeler (Empire), The Cape stars David Lyons (ER) as Vince Faraday, an honest cop on a corrupt police force, who is framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. Forced to leave his wife Dana (Life on Mars‘ Jennifer Ferrin) and son Trip (FlashForward’s Ryan Wynott) and go into hiding, Faraday assumes the identity of The Cape, his son’s favorite comic-book superhero, to take the law into his own hands.

The series also stars: James Frain (The Tudors) as billionaire Peter Fleming, who moonlights as the killer Chess; Keith David (Death at a Funeral) as Max Malini, the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Faraday; Summer Glau (Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) as Orwell, a blogger who wages war on crime in Palm City; and Dorian Missick (Six Degrees) as Marty Voyt, a former police detective and friend of Faraday.

The Cape is a Universal Media Studios and BermanBraun production from executive producer/creator Wheele, executive producer/director Simon West (Con Air), and executive producers Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun (Mercy) and Gene Stein (Accidentally on Purpose).

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No mention of powers
    I wonder if this is BATMAN the series

Rocket River

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

NBC continually fails. Thank goodness Chuck is back for a fourth season.

Also, CBS axed so many shows, announced today.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That trailer looked very corny. Not promising at all.

5. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

the austin powers midget is in it! win!

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's not mini-me.

7. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

as good as warm beer

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

link pls

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The problem with series superhero shows and similar spy type shows is keeping people wanting to watch. You have to have the overarching season plot arch that keeps people intrigued & guessing, and that is believable; while at the same time keeping the smaller escapades that may or may not further the major plot entertaining and realistic.

Most of these spots lack one or the other of these aspects, which causes them to lose the audience and the show being canceled.

11. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Plot(from Wikipedia)
    The series, set in the fictional metropolis of Palm City, follows an innocent cop who has been framed for a crime he did not commit and then left for dead after he is caught. He is eventually saved by a circus ringleader who prepares him with special abilities to defend himself against his foes. Separated from his wife and son, he tries to clear his name while protecting them from being killed if he was ever reported alive. He takes the law into his own hands by taking the guise of his son's favorite comic book hero, The Cape, after he is given a special suit that has unique capabilities. Vowing to get rid of the corruption that has taken over both the city and the police force, he goes after the person responsible for setting him up and causing his "demise".

Anyone else at least mildly excited about the potential of this show? And hey...Summer freakin Glau!
    [​IMG]
    BAM!

1 person likes this.
  12. Fatty FatBastard

Hmm. Sounds a little like this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9Q3orQhEcA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9Q3orQhEcA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'll check it out but after Heroes and No Ordinary Family(heard it was bad never watched) not expecting much but with Summer in it, totally worth giving it a look...

[​IMG]

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not excited at all and expect it to fail quickly. If it gets good reviews after the first couple of episodes, I'll give it a try.

The whole premise sounds corny for an actual TV show. The writing and scripts better be superb or the show needs some kind of twist that makes it unique. But the trailer I remember seeing made me smh.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did this ever come out?

Rocket River

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Premiers Jan 9th.

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Saw the 2-hour premiere on Sunday. Decent show with a lot stuff directly lifted from "Batman Begins". The origin story is a bit lame and feels too contrived. Execution is good for a TV show with limited budget. Has potential but too many miscues in the first episode. Editing needs major improvement, too many scenes don't fit together well. Often jumping from one scene to the next. Will watch maybe a few more episodes hoping this can turn into a decent show with time and better writers gelling together. Overall still feels like a mini-series rather than a grand production.

18. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

It wasn't anything special to me.

I felt this way after the pilot of Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, but that show improved tremendously over time. Maybe this one will do the same.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It has to improve a lot. Anything is possible but not holding my breath.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Same conclusion.

I'm going to give it a chance... but I don't think i'll expect much from a midseason replacement.