1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Sep 8, 2014.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Finally had time to watch the ending. Not perfect, but it stuck with me later so I guess I'm happy with it.

And there are theories about the homeless woman, from what I've read she represents revenge and death. Like the ghost from Hamlet, which many say SOA is partly based on.

She is the woman who gets murdered in JT's death, like Hamlet's ghost she is a purgatory being who won't see rest (heaven, afterlife peace) until her revenge is taken.

She's around when Gemma and Jax have hard times, as in death is watching and her ghost is waiting for final resolution. In the episode description, it says "Ghosts loom large as Jax makes the final moves to fulfill his father's legacy."

Also in the last episode she wears a cloak which she gives to Jax resembling the grim reaper later.

When finally he dies, the ravens eat the bread she ate and the fly away when Jax's blood comes toward them. In the SOA creator's penned song lyrics for the final scene "Come Join the Murder" it describes a spirit failing to get to heaven as a fallen raven.

On a blanket made of woven shadows
    Flew up to heaven
    On a raven's glide
    These angels have turned my wings to wax now
    I fell like Judas grace denied

I walk among the children of my fathers
    The broken wings, betrayal's cost
    They call to me but never touch my heart, no
    I am too far
    I'm too lost

Perhaps all the loose ends are finally tied and her soul can finally find peace?

1 person likes this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Oh yeah and just to add about other theories, besides hamlet's ghost representing revenge and death, many have said the series has influences from the Bible, and Greek mythology.

So Jax as Jesus (he died for other's sins, with arms open), his father and a holy spirit (with wine and bread for the body of Christ) fits in well too as a holy trinity. And perhaps the present discussion about the meaning is the mythology? Not sure on the last one.

But all the influences seemed to finalize in one episode.

3. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I'm good with the finale. It wrapped up everything. But it was ridiculous how this whole season unfolded and now his two kids are now being raised by the drug addict mother and an old Mexican gang leader.

For the series, I think four seasons would've been perfect. I really didn't like the Ireland roadtrip with finding the baby and the confusing cartel storylines. The highlight of the series was the switheroo with agent Stahl and Jimmy O being taken out. Overall, I enjoyed SOA.

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I felt they tried to wrap this up Breaking Bad style. The ending had so much of breaking bad feeling in my opinion.

Either way, I'm glad it's over. How good is The Shield?

5. body slam

body slam Member

the Shield is better than SAMCO in my opinion

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Loved Sons of Anarchy, the Stahl & Zoebelle seasons were the best ones by far.

The show peaked too early, casting got lame which sucks cause that was one of it's strengths. Overall one of my favorite shows ever just because of how brutal it was..

IMHO there's no better show than Justified right now... FX is really going to suffer after that one's done.

7. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

The Shield still has the best series finale of any show ever IMO

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Finally finished SOA....this season was meh.

I definitely liked Nero and he was a great addition to the show! Gemma got what she deserved. Juice just fell victim to his bonehead moves. I honestly never felt that he was a rat. He just thought he was facked when the Asst. DA had the dirt on him

Walter Goggins was AMAZING as Venus. He's an awesome actor.

No more Charlie Hunnam and his butt. :( His gangbanger walk was really annoying at the beginning but it seems like he worked some more on it as time went on.

Fun facts below

http://whatculture.com/tv/20-mind-blowing-facts-never-knew-sons-anarchy.php

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . . if not for that sickeningly bad last episode. . . .

Rocket River

10. conquistador#11

is justified that good? i'm going to start watching it asap.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

**** yes.

12. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Yup! Last season this year too. It's less popular than SOA around here but it's an awesome show. I love me some Raylan Givens. :p

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm a happily married straight man who desires to have relations with my wife on a daily basis. I, too, love me some Raylan Givens. :)

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I only got three episodes in but I thought it was complete garbage.

I re-watched the final scene of SOA and found it much better and fitting the second time around but maybe I just wanted what was a crazy good show for three or four seasons out of seven to go out the way it could have and should have.

Maybe they can do a spinoff with Jax and Opie in heaven.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

According to one sight I saw . . .Jax was responsible for killing 46 people
    I seriously doubt he is heaven material . . . LOL

He chilling with Omar from The Wire.

Rocket River

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Omar didn't kill innocent people.