1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Currently watching:
    Wheel of Time: Really like it, but I loved the books so that was expected
    The Witcher: Rewatching season 1, before season 2 starts
    Only Murders in the building: Surprisingly Funny.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Netflix continues to put out great documentaries. The Alpinist looks at climber Marc-Andre Leclerq, an immensely talented and driven but slightly goofy climber that solo climbs some of the most challenging mountains and rock faces in the world. I can't even climb a ladder without getting queasy so the filming of him (and occasionally along with his fiancé) is both beautiful and frightening. And he does so in such a quiet, calm and, well, goofy way. No spoilers...

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just started season 3 of The Sinner HOLY ****!

This is gonna be good, 2 episodes in and I am hooked this are some ****ed up individuals I can't wait to see how it goes.

Cris Messina is always great and plays a great disturbed guy i'm surprised he is not a bigger thing and missed him in my life, great actor.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've been binge watching ink masters. Makes me want another tattoo and also makes me realize just how many bad tattoo artists are out there.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't think I'd ever describe anything starring Steve Martin and Martin Short as surprisingly funny. :)

clos4life and arno_ed like this.
  7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its only a surprise that Selena Gomez didn't suck the funny out of the show.

clos4life likes this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would say she was surprisingly funny.

9. Buck Turgidson

They're surprisingly in-famous.

The Deuce, I watched the first season a few years ago and just now remembered to watch the rest, is pretty great. David Simon is pretty great in general.

GRENDEL, DFWRocket and gifford1967 like this.
  10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The end for the blond was really brutal.

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

Yellowjackets on Showtime 9/10. I didn't know what I was getting into other than some hardcore femministas going on about what a strong actress Juliette Lewis is. The last movie or show I saw her in was from Dusk til Dawn, so my reaction when I saw her was... whoaaa!

The show is about a HS girls soccer squad in 1996 whose team plane crashes on its way to nationals in the middle of nowhere, Canada.
    Usually I hate time jumps but they do an excellent job with it. They go back and forth between 1996 and 2021.
    I'm only in episode 4 but I'm having questions like don't fish live in lakes? I've seen on it ESPN at 3 am. And how big of coincidence that their team name are the yellowjackets? Freaky show. Strong performances by all the ladies.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones which started last night. Also, following those 2 episodes the season 2 premier came on for Euphoria....and it was interesting to say the least...pulpfiction like. (I've never seen that show except the 20-30min I watched of that episode).

Also The Book of Boba Fett. Episode 2 was great.

#992 Uprising, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Where should his next show be set? He’s nailed Baltimore, New Orleans and Times Square so far

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I havent watch this one yet, but strangely I've watched many climbing docs the past few years. Solo the most famous was very good. The Dawn Wall (a less known doc) was really damn good, the first quarter alone could be a great movie. Meru was interesting as was The Porter. The last one I watch was 14 peaks Nothing is Impossible about a Nepalese ex special forces climber who attempts to break the record for climbing the 14 peaks in the shortest amount of time. It was an impressive and entertaining doc.

As for TV series. 1883 has been GREAT! Watched it on a whim and through 4 episodes I'm loving it. It has some surprising cameos and one of its lead actresses is a dead ringer for a young Jennifer Lawrence. Everytime she was on screen or spoke I thought she was JLAW.

The trailer doesn't do a great job of representing the show, since the show feels more "Unforgiven" than "Tombstone."

#994 blahblehblah, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a good question. It looks like he was planning on setting the next project in Texas and pulled the plug after the abortion law passed.

‘The Wire’ Creator David Simon Axes Texas Filming Of New HBO Project Over Abortion Ban Law

David Simon isn’t messing with Texas, he’s done with the place — at least as a location.

The Wire creator took to social media this week to announce and reiterate he will not film an upcoming Lone Star-set HBO project in the state due to the odious abortion ban law recently put in place.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/aborti...mon-hbo-the-wire-we-own-this-city-1234841728/

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A British show on Netflix called Retribution (though in the UK I believe it was called One of Us). Story of two neighboring families in Scottish highlands whose son and daughter get married and then killed in a home robbery. Basic plot... one thing snowballs. Decent acting and plot but since I am only two episodes I I can't tell much about how the story plays out, but definitely good enough to watch. Its leaving Netflix at the end of the month so best watch it soon.

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I'm quasi-intrigued by this...and it possibly has the longest show title ever...

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window

Buck Turgidson and KingCheetah like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Show is hilarious.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CHEER Season 2 on Netflix