1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] The Wire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Nov 4, 2010.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yes! This is true, there's a lot of small details! I did the same thing when I watched it. I'm definitely going to watch it all over again soon, such an excellent show.

2. Buck Turgidson

Miami has been done to death (see NYC/Boston/LA/Chicago), they kind of did NOLA with Treme (underrated good but not great show)...Htown or Atlanta or the Bay Area sound fun as hell.

The pot companies in Colorado are hiring ex-military by the hundreds to provide security for their growing/processing/selling operations because everybody and their 4 cousins would love to rip off a pure cash-only business. There's some potential for something there, let me get writing post-haste.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You should hurry. There will be plenty of states soon and then there will not be too much of a reason to rush there.

4. Buck Turgidson

Justified kind of already did it, but this is a more highbrow scene. Like I said, there's potential for something, I've got the Colorado to Texas transport story in the works already.

Very NSFW but not a spoiler at all, my favorite opening:

google "The Wire - Jimmy & Bunk On A Crime Scene"

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this x2, have been through it twice already. Same with The Shield, same with Justified. Less so with Breaking Bad, strangely.

6. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

This is a show to watch with subtitles too. So many little details and slang that you might not quite make out just listening to it.

7. Buck Turgidson

I redid Justified earlier this year, brilliant stuff. The Shield is a good call too, need to do that and Deadwood.

I've never rewatched Breaking Bad, amazing show but I'm not sure I want to watch it all over again yet. Not sure I care to watch Mad Men again, or the Sopranos either.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

What's the plural of p*ssy?

P*ssi

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I highly recommend re-watching Breaking Bad. I still feel like season 1 starts really slow, once you get into it though, seasons 2 through 4 just fly by. The 5th season is so captivating, even knowing what's going to happen. There are so many small details that I missed from my initial watch. You also get to appreciate the acting a little more when you don't have to focus so much on the story.

I just finished The Wire a few months ago and I am already wanting to re-watch that too.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jimmy taught me that

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this is such a great scene

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just started rewatching Band of Brothers. Man that's good.