1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[tv show] The Lying Game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Sep 27, 2011.

1. what

what Member

Anybody watching this show?

They have 4 episodes up online. Too bad the whole season isn't up. Seriously my new favorite show.

The drama on this show is really well-executed, I dare say HBO level and every character has an ulterior motive of some kind. Not to mention that alexandra chando is really easy on the eyes.

This easily one of the best shows on television right now.

The basic premise to the show involve two twin girls Emma and Sutton Mercer. In episode 1: Emma runs away from a the juvi system and foster home in las vegas to stand in for Sutton while Suttun goes to arizona to look for their birth mom.

Lots of twists and turns in on the show.

Here is a link to the show:
    http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/lying-game/videos

1 person likes this.
  2. cardpire

cardpire Member

always willing to give a show i've never heard of a shot that somebody recommends this highly, but...ABC Family??

i was in until that point.

3. what

what Member

ABC Family is the network, but this isn't your typical vanilla show you are thinking of.

ABC Family hit it big with a show called Pretty Little Liars, and the author that wrote those books wrote these as well.

It is not a typical disney production I can assure you. If you like drama and cliff hangers and motivation that leads to BELIEVABLE complication you are going to love this show.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

what if i like sex, violence, and profanity?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watched the first 3 episodes and have the last few on DVR. Don't know if I want to invest any more time because I'm sure ABC Family will kill it soon.

Edit: So then I check Google and it's been extended by at least 12 more episodes despite dismal ratings.

6. what

what Member

From Wikipedia:

7. what

what Member

Yeah, it has been okayed for a full 22 episode first season. Yay!

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes, but this is the heavy time of the year for TV series and I don't know if it's worth squeezing this one in. I've got Fringe, H5O, The Mentalist, Parks and Recreation, House, etc, plus some new ones ahead of The Lying Game. If the NBA season (which trumps everything for me) starts on time, I won't even DVR this.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

interesting. guess i may rent the dvd after the season if you and others are still as high on it.

thanks for the heads up.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Is this show anything like Pretty Little Liars? My little sister would beg me to watch that show with her and it took everything I had not gouge out my eyes.

11. what

what Member

Actually no.

I tried to watch Pretty Little Liars, but the premise of the show didn't interest me at all. I switched it off half-way through the first episode of that show.

The only real similarity is that the same author wrote both series. Plus, alexandra chando and many of the characters on this show are far more likable than on PLL.

I am hooked on the lying game though.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you like this I recommend Veronica Mars

1 person likes this.
  13. what

what Member

I tried to watch that but I didn't like it.

14. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I like Hillbilly Bass Fishing. Will I enjoy this show?