1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh you're right. I have no idea why Wells would want to kill Barry because I thought without the Flash there is no Reverse Flash. The Timey Wimey stuff is confusing.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That episode was one of the biggest jaw droppers. I've always been a bigger fan of Arrow because of its better drama and reveals. I'm not a comic book guy so all the Easter eggs fly right over my head and I don't geek out about them, but this episode took The Flash to Arrow levels.

It is a bit of a bummer that Barry just learned to time travel and will reset the drama of this episode. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out because for all Barry knows at the time of travel, Cisco is alive and well. So what kind of butterfly effect will happen?

And shayan, I think the Reverse Flash did want to kill The Flash 15 years ago, but now that he's stuck in the past, he realizes he needs The Flash to get back to his world.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Awesome episode...

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, that was weird. When talking to Cisco, Wells said he meant to kill Barry, not Nora. Maybe all those years ago, Wells thought Barry was a threat to him getting home, but as the years went along, perhaps Wells received new info that proved Barry would been a boon, instead? I dunno.

Sure it'll reset everything, but it opened up TIME freakin' TRAVEL as a new plot device. Though I will say, it's too bad that Barry didn't see / know of Wells killing Cisco. Would have been interesting to see how Barry stops Wells without Wells knowing what Barry would have known. AFAIK, Barry still thinks Wells is more good than bad at this point, right?

I think this was one of the best hours of television I've seen, this season. Even with the reset, this episode could have easily been Flash's season finale. But we still have EIGHT episodes to go?! WHAT.

I will say that the romance subplots could easily be scrapped for more character development, though. I think being on the CW + having a young cast pretty much greenlights a romance aspect, though. They could easily focus on character development of Iris, and make her be a continuous threat to Barry's identity, but no. Love triangle or bust.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought this episode was pretty average until the last few minutes of the episode. Take out the last 15 minutes and you just have the new Weather Wizard trying to kill Joe and a Love Parallelogram between Barry, Eddie, Iris and Linda. This episode seemed like another monster of the week with the small overarching story of Cisco trying to find out if Wells is guilty. I think that's what made the last 15 minutes so bananas because the reveals came out of nowhere.

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

The end of this episode blew my mind.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At the end of the day . . . the whole last 15 minutes . . . NEVER HAPPENED!!
    Actually . .. . everything that happened in the episode never happened.
    Flash see his shadow (himself) in the first 5 minutes of the show

basically the only thing that happened was the bowling game and the old boy killing the morgue guy

Rocket River

8. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

But if Barry saw himself and again when he went back in time, doesn't it mean that those events had already happened. Meaning that they're stuck in some sort of infinite loop of repeating the same events?

9. Nero

Nero Member

According to the Flashpoint Paradox, when both Flash and Thawne are in the same 'time location', they both together drain the 'speed force' such that neither of them can break the time barrier.

However, they can't really be using that plot device I guess, because Barry JUST broke the time barrier. So, obviously both of them existing at the same time doesn't preclude them from going fast enough. In earlier episodes, Wells' computer tells him that his control is slipping more and more badly, which would mean that perhaps they are angling it that Wells/Thawne wants to teach Barry to go fast enough to break the time barrier so that he can somehow cause Barry to open a portal back to his own 'home time' in the future. (25th century?)

Great episode!

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting

Rocket River

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I still don't understand why Thawne meant to kill child Barry instead of Nora. Was it purely because Flash and Thawne are "arch-rivals" and that killing child Barry would mean no more adult Barry as a thorn in his side?

If that's the case, why doesn't adult Barry go back in time (since both adult Barry and Thawne were there when Nora was killed) to, not kill a younger Thawne, but influence him so that he doesn't grow up to be evil Thawne?

Is Wells basically in that chair so that no one would suspect him of being Thawne, or...?

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

consider this. . . . . Thawne is also Iris's Boyfriend last name .. . . .he is a relative. [son or Grandson maybe]
    So his hatred of Barry might start there [not up on flash lore]

Rocket River

13. SK34

SK34 Member

Doubt it because Eddie and reverse flash are "distant relatives"... Why would it matter if flash is going to get iris?

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

As a lifelong DC Comics (and Flash) fan who has seen every live-action adaptation of a DC Comics character ever, the most recent episode of The Flash had me in shock for 30 minutes after it ended. This is a CW show? Wow. I love pretty much every single thing about this series. It's all I've ever wanted out of live-action superhero stuff.

"Fun Flash Fact" - My sister, Kelly Frye, played the anti-hero Plastique featured in episode 5 I think. She's all over TV with commercial work, supporting roles in various unlucky series (like Rake), and a recurring role on General Hospital.

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Oh we know! :cool::grin::p

16. Nero

Nero Member

She's really been blowing up!

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Good thing CF isn't filled to the brim with creeps (much less the Flash thread in the Hangout) or else you'd be getting some weird posts your way.

Now that that's out of the way...be a good bro and lemme get them digits tho, fam.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I remember being upset that her character left the series after one episode. Plastique didn't seem like a throwaway character at all.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

BJ, nice to see you're still around from time to time. Congrats to your sis on a prime time big guest star role. Very cool.

However, my thoughts on her as a guest star weren't quite stellar. I felt her character was very flat and stoic. Not sure if it was the acting, characterization, or direction but Plastique was very robotic in my opinion.

Hope this gig was big enough to open more doors for her and we get to see her in other shows. I'm sure your family was psyched about the role.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

My guess is that he wanted to Kill the adult Barry. But I think the fight started in the future, but that them fighting (and using that speed) caused them to go back in time (and end up accidently killing Barry's mom). I am not sure why Barry would be in the future (since they suggest he lives a couple of hundred years into the future). But that seems like a possibility

I am a bit disappointed that Wells is indeed the bad guy, I was sort of hoping there was more to it, maybe a wells from the future and one from the present (one being evil) or maybe a wells from an alternative reality (since they also mentioned parallel realities was a possibility with time travel).

It seemed like there was really going to be some plot twist, but Wells being the bad guy was already clear in the first episode (it is Always the scientist in the wheelchair who helps the superhero getting used to his powers).