1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV SHOW] Outsourced

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CoolGuy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Member

Anyone watch this new show last night after The Office on NBC? I thought it was alright, hopefully it gets better.

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

started watching it, stopped watching halfway through. Meh.

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I thought it was good, pretty funny.

Office was great.

4. The Real Shady

I tried to watch it because I know it's going to fail and wanted to see what is was like.

I mean who really wants to watch a tv show about people who steal jobs from American workers? These people have made it very difficult for people to break into the I.T. industry.

5. The Real Shady

He needs something to numb the pain after that ass whipping from Pac.

6. bloop

bloop Member

You realize these people are actors right? They didn't actually steal jobs from Americans except maybe from really dark Jewish actors who could play Indians on TV or maybe black actors who can do an accent?

The show is about a white dude who goes to India. It's based on this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425326/

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That girl Asha is pretty fine. Didn't know this is a series based on a movie from 4 years ago. Cool to see Oswald again.

Funny episode of the night goes to the League though.

8. The Real Shady

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KLni3wbndls?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KLni3wbndls?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

I saw the movie earlier this year actually since it was on netflix streaming and the movie was pretty mediocre i didnt know this show was based off of the same book that the movie was

of course i figured it out 30 seconds into the pilot the first episode was ok but judging from what the movie offered its hard to see this show lasting more than 1 season (at best) unless the story is completely changed

the aussie girl is new though, was not in the movie and the whole thing where they are in a building with other call centers is new too. the movie had them just working out of a small rundown building in a small town.

one thing that bugged me about the show (which they had right in the movie) was that it was day time in India was they were taking calls, these call centers primarily operate at night with the time difference

i'll give it a shot but i dont know how long NBC will

10. studogg

studogg Member

I agree.

I did find alot of the interactions to be more on point than the commercials indicated.

the soft spoken women.

the b team (pretty much my full team in Coimbatore could be coined that)

the "manager" in India who is kind, but tries to undermine his american boss

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I watched all 4 NBC shows last night. The Office was very good, I thought this show was right on par with Community and 30 Rock as meh. I'll give it a shot, but honestly, I WANT IT CANCELLED, because Parks and Rec needs to come back ASAP. NBC is r****ded for making it a mid-season replacement.

12. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

You have a team in Coimbatore?nice. What industry btw? I stay in Chennai and I like Coimbatore a lot. nice place.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Show sucked, will not watch.

P&R was way funnier I'll have to agree with rhino.

BRING IT BACK!!!

14. studogg

studogg Member

Real Estate.

Yeah, Coimbatore wasn't bad. I prefer Bangalore.

No longer with them though. I got tired of the travel.

15. Rockets34Legend

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

i've seen all the episodes of Mumbai Calling and maybe that was taken from the same original story as well but Mumbai Calling had an indian guy being transferred to india from London and his supervisor (the white lady) following.

similar stories but so far Outsourced for the most part is following the same story arc as the movie did. it may combine some comedic elements though from Mumbai Calling since that show was funnier than the movie.

good news though for the P & R people Mumbai Calling only lasted like 8 episodes so.

17. Smokey

Smokey Member

Put me in the bring back Parks n Rec crowd.

Think the "I'd do two chicks at the sametime" guy from Office Space is being misused.

The only time I laughed was when Manmeat said Detroit home of autos and blacks.

18. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

I thought the manager was hilariously accurate based on my experience with a lot of manager types I met in India.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

20. sammy

sammy Member

was decent but..

can i get parks back please? tom and ron. nuff said