1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[tv show] Kitchen Nightmares

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kikimama, May 14, 2009.

1. kikimama

kikimama Member

2. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I love Kitchen Nightmares. I'm not the biggest fan of his other shows, because he gets a bit over the top. With Kitchen Nightmares, you see him actually try to build up some people's self-confidence and show him in a more human light. Of course there are plenty of bleeps.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcgCx7tVBRo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcgCx7tVBRo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Kitchen Nightmares is awful. It's chopped up and FOX-edited to no end, with no regard for any viewers with an IQ over 12. Couldn't they at least bother to try and work out some of the continuity errors when Ramsey is yelling at a guy in a blue shirt one day, then they cut away from the yelling, and back to him yelling at the same guy, now wearing a black shirt?

And that's a shame, because the UK version of the show, and Gordon Ramsey's F Word, are two of the best TV shows (in any format) of the last 20 years or so. Great, great stuff.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I agree. I used to watch the British version all the time and it's much, much different from the American version. It's almost as if the American show is edited to make it seem more dramatic, but to me it just comes off as non-genuine and phony.

The F Word is fantastic and is probably Ramsey's best show. There are just so many dimensions to it -- his weekly cookoff challenge against a celebrity (which he loses half the time), scenes at his home, getting women back into the kitchen segments, the younger guy going out and doing weird things like dumpster diving, and even a more subdued Hell's Kitchen challenge type of thing where he has two young chefs and eliminates one each week.

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Yeah, the F word is my favorite. Never thought I'd say that three years ago, but here we are.

It's a shame that the FOX show is how most Americans know Ramsey. It's like only knowing Hakeem from those Taco Bell ads.

6. Jayou

Jayou Member

Soft...

7. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Great to see you again KD. I was referring to the UK version in my post. I wasn't even aware that there was an American version.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'd take a guess and say the reason the American version of Kitchen Nightmares sux is mostly due to FOX. With the exception of American Idol I believe most fox reality shows aren't done well.

9. kikimama

kikimama Member

Wow, we got a lot of critics here. It's a reality show, nothing more. It's not really that bad for a reality show.