1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] House Of The Dragon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Right, but all Joffrey said to Criston was how they should swear, to each other, to protect Laenor and Rhaenyra's secrets. Because if those two are safe, then everyone is safe. There'd be no reason for Criston to reveal he and Rhaenyra's relationship just to 1-up Laenor, as he'd have no reason to (at least, yet).

To that point, Criston had no relationship or acquaintanceship with Laenor nor Joffrey. To write that portion of the story in, seemed really out of left field.

Like you said, it was mutually assured destruction. If it was one-sided and Joffrey threatened to just reveal Criston and Rhaenyra's doings, then I can see how Criston would go apeshit and do something to silence Joffrey

Still seems incredibly random to me when
    Criston lost his temper and literally beat Joffrey to death.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seemed like he took being a knight too seriously. Others were in it for the title.

At least, he did. Smart for queenie to keep a broken man in her rival's circle.

Dafuq... didn't imagine seeing him still around.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Simplest explanation:

Don't be named Joffrey at a wedding

Space Ghost, gatsby, Colt45 and 8 others like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nah, I can see Criston snapping like that. I kinda called it, watching. He isn't going to play the long game. He's wound up and isn't to be jacked with.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was expecting him to jump overboard when she told him what was up. i thought he was a "cool dude" and a player, but he has gone totally emo. he is delusional if he thought she would run away with him and they could just hide from everyone.

i cant believe he told that to the queen...wow. one rule of GOT is that one random person can and often does totally alter the course of history and he definitely did that.

if criston really wants to cover his tracks he should also murder the queen.

on a technical note, does anyone else find the volume on the dialogue really low compared to everything else. my hearing isnt the greatest, but im having major trouble hearing whats going on during certain scenes.

VooDooPope likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

hay brehs. im thinking bout starting this series. do i have to have finished the original got series to understand this? i only finished s6 of the original

tinman likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nah

Jontro likes this.
  8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I have trouble with that on multiple shows, I think shows have the dialogue on lower than the action sequences.

When I pick up the volume to hear the dialogue then the action sequences are blaring out of my sound system.....

Deckard likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Get a soundbar
    Sonos
    Bose
    Etc

Ziggy likes this.
  10. Beezy

Beezy Member

I watch everything with subtitles on because sound mixing is garbage so often.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yeah it looked like checkout time for him.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Embrace the "old man words" on the TV as my kids called them.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I've seen this explained by the directors now.

You have to realize Criston doesn't WANT to be in that situation anymore. His honor as a Kingsguard is trashed because he nailed the princess. He feels like he has nothing except her love so he wants to run away with her. She basically dismissed that idea as stupid (because it was) but then didn't free him from his oath and essentially trapping him as a Kingsguard to be available for her if and when she wants. He doesn't want to be with her. Being forced to stand at the wedding feast was apparently supposed to be brutal for him and then the guy says that stuff and just becomes the focus of his anger. [/quote]

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is this show Atmos or PCM or what? Try to match the output if you can, you might "unlock" better sound channeling.

ALSO - "Jason" is kind of a dumb name for this, no? JASON Lannister. Lulz. Even ROBB Stark got a second "b". JASON?

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ah, that makes sense. I feel like the ending scene with Alicent and Criston is going to be super important, then. Maybe the Queen gives him special privileges in return for doing her bidding, and that's how he'll try to get on Rhaenyra's level.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Spoiler for Ser Cristan

The story on Ser Cristan and don't continue to read if you don't want it spoiled. I think they hinted at in in the after credit interviews, but i also confirmed it from someone who read the book. Ser Cristan isn't a good person. I think they have baited people in to feel emotionally invested in Ser Cristan and now you're going to see his true colors.

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i dont have a soundbar and im not saying it wouldnt enhance my viewing experience, but the sound on this show is definitely not mixed properly. i watch stuff on all kinds of different platforms and this is by far the worst in terms of the dialogue being way too quiet and/or muddy.

Deckard likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

I have no issues at all
    But I don’t watch shows with default tv sound from tv speakers
    @Ziggy

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have to sometimes toggle to TV speakers because my dog gets upset if it's late and the sub is thumping in FULL ATMOS glory. But sometimes you have to live like the common folk to better understand them.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member