1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] House Of The Dragon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Beezy

Beezy Member

Was Criston the only Kingsguard not wearing his helmet so that Joffrey could conveniently read his mopey face from across the room?

justtxyank and B-Bob like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This was a good episode. Throw all them other episodes before the time jump away. It's finally good.

Rileydog likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

we stopped halfway thru just now to hit the sack. Will finish tomorrow or next week. Whatever.

sure they’re well done … but the story is SO SO boring. I don’t give a f air any of this. If I wanted to watch a soap opera… I’d watch a soap opera.

moreover the actor change things is weird af. Cristan looks exactly the same. Daemon looks exactly the same. The guy who became the new hand looks exactly the same. Why change some and not others? Even if not changing others why only age some with makeup (Viserys) but not others?

doesnt make much sense to me.

Invisible Fan and RocketFan007 like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with you about the story being boring (to me) to this point. I really think they should have started the show on this episode and then put in some flash backs to fill in the story. There is finally intrigue. I actually want to see what's going to happen since everyone especially Rhneayra and the gay dude is ****ing everything up for their lineage. Gay dude couldn't knock it down once to secure the line?

I don't mind they aged up some characters and others stayed the same since I don't care about anything that happened before the 10 year time jump. Im leaving those boring first 5 episodes in the trash. Im starting here.

I thought i was going to be confused with all these damn kids showing up, but I want to see how they grow up. Hopefully we wont be getting as many time jumps and let some of these storylines breath.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Not to be that dude but Daemon's daughters should look more like Halsey.

tinman likes this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Ah, GOT, I forget how you make it so easy to assassinate VIPs while some can solo an army.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's one of the best things! They raise entire armies to fight these mega wars when it's easier to just sneak a few good men into your camp/castle and burn you to death lol.

The show will definitely pick up steam now. It's been a lot of time jumping. I think I probably would have liked it better starting with these characters though and filling in backstory.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I guess i'm the weirdo that enjoyed the first 5 episodes and also had no idea there was going to even be a time jump.

gatsby, mikol13 and GRENDEL like this.
  9. justtxyank

I enjoyed the first 5 episodes too, but in retrospect I think it would have been better not to do the time jumps.

Andre0087 and tinman like this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i am really enjoying the show and i liked the first 5 episodes and time jump...but i wish they would have spent some time (any time!) bringing us up to speed with everything that happened after the wedding, especially regarding sir cristan. were there any repercussions for what he did? how did he explain himself?

VooDooPope, GRENDEL and mikol13 like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the young princess and queen
    @Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Good episode, but felt more like a table setting episode with the time jump.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

tbh this whole season is going to be table setting until Viserys eventually dies. Then it'll actually be a game for the throne.

Invisible Fan and justtxyank like this.
  15. justtxyank

Until this episode, only 3 of the characters we had met really matter at all. Now we've met a couple more that are actually worth anything when the show starts.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Thanks GOT I hate it. Let's take 20 year olds pretending to be 15 and replace them with 30 year olds pretending to be 35, while arbitrarily leaving a number of actors the same with a little makeup like they could have done for everybody.

Because we all know between 20-30 our faces turn into brand new people

What in the **** did they just do and why

gatsby and BigM like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Still loving it.....probably should have done time jump at start of season 2...but whatever.

DD

gatsby likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I both agree and disagree with the notion that the pre-5 were unnecessary. I think the same people complaining about the pre-5, would also be complaining about how there's constant flashbacks to when Rhaenyra and Alicent were kids / teens.

It would be hard, in flashbacks, to really understand the characters of Rhaenyra and Alicent, and establish Cole as a person we loved and we now hate. Because they'd have to explain a lot, the flashbacks would have been jarring.

Personally, I don't think they needed the pre-5. It would have been better served if they did a pre-3 or something, with the post-7 being what we see in episode 6.

In hindsight, filler like the Crabfeeder and the scene with Daemon rushing in out of desperation, were pretty unnecessary, now that we're in the post-5. There were plenty of stuff in the pre-5 that could have been cut for time.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well enough episodes of HOTD and ROP have been out for me to conclude that HOTD is just a flat out better show.

ROP dialogue reminds me of the Star Wars prequels. Very expositiony. No character. Not natural feeling dialogue. I still somewhat enjoy it though.

But HOTD is killing it. Who knew this frwnchise would return to this level of quality after that turd of a final couple of seasons of GOT.

I'm actually invested in the characters.

Cole is a proper cunt btw. I hope Daemon ends that douchebag.

VooDooPope and GRENDEL like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall complain that they RUSHED the GOT ending.

Now yall complaining about SLOW-PLAYING the House of Dragons intro.

OH LAWDTTTTTTT.

These constant women giving birth scenes are NASTY, BUT, somehow the actresses look fhineeeeee. All glistening and huffing and whatnot.

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.