1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Series] Chuck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DudeWah, Dec 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I watched Chuck from the very first episode to the last and loved the show.

That being said, the way they ended it was straight stupid.

I just wanna know what genius decided it would be a good idea for a show like Chuck to have a (semi) tragic ending. Chuck is basically the mold for a feel good show. There was simply no good reason to erase Sarah's memories in the end.

After watching the finale I remember thinking, "wait so what's the point if she can't even remember anything that happened in the past 5 years."

And that's what Chuck's ending was to me.
    <br>
    Great show, ****ty ending.

They should have ended it after the 4th season when Chuck and Sarah got married. That would have been the perfect ending for Chuck.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watched faithfully until Chuck and Sarah became romantically involved and they suddenly extended that season with extra episodes. That blew the show for me and I gave up after about two more episodes. Didn't even know they got married.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Eh, that was the direction the show was going towards from the very first episode. There was never really any question that Chuck and Sarah would become romantically involved as far as I saw it.

The random twist of events at the very end kind of just came out of nowhere.

Anyways, as for that season that you just referred to, in which Sarah and Chuck became romantically involved...

That would have been a good place to end the show as well. Right before they extended it with extra episodes.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree completely. The two extra episodes I watched from that season were awful, perhaps because the writers were unprepared for the extension. The tension between them was part of the show and it worked. It's works for nearly every show with a male and female lead. But once Chuck and Sarah officially crossed the line, (for me) the show's vibe changed and I couldn't watch anymore.

Castle is another show I stopped watching. I've got a bunch of episodes on DVR but may never get back to them.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't enjoy the last season as much as I felt the writers were in an impossible situation of one-upping themselves every season because of threats of cancellation. At least half was fillers. As the show started to end, I admit it was sad seeing those characters go.

The open ending of the finale was alright. If it's a feel good show, then Sarah would fall in love with him again right? And all the stuff Chuck did sans-intersect, he'd never knew he could do at the very beginning.

While satisfying, it wasn't a great ending, but it wasn't an f-u ending either (Lost?)

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I just watched the whole series for my first time.

It became one of my favorite shows, if not the favorite. There's so much depth in the humor, writing, music, and especially the characters. The humor was a mix of nerdy, obnoxious, clever, subtle, pop-culture references, and meta and it worked very well in the show. The soundtrack in every episode had meaning to each scene, whether it was comical, romantic, or sad. Nothing can ever top how epic the "Mr. Roboto" wedding scene was. Every character was casted perfectly, and their personalities, relationships, and growth made this show so heartfelt.

Granted the plot was bad at times, and some episodes were downright horrible (like the Morgan and Intersect arc), but the show was so great when it was on point, particularly at mid-season breaks (eg Christmas episodes), potential series finales and season finales. It's so unfortunate that NBC botched their handling of this series. The show consistently being on the bubble with an ever-lowering budget really showed, but the writers pulled off a wonderful series.

The series finale was perfect in wrapping everything up about this show in that it came full circle showcasing the journey of the five seasons. Except for Chuck and Sarah's relationship. It's pretty clear that Sarah was remembering, but you wanted that moment on screen where Sarah regains that love for Chuck.

The series had me laughing, amazed by the action, smiling, excited, screaming, and teary in happy and sad ways. I was hooked on the characters and the mythology of the show. Yes, there are better action shows, better comedies, better romances, better dramas, but no show integrated all of them as well as Chuck did. It wasn't perfect, but so lovable.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It is one of my all time faves as well. There is a lot more good than bad. I think if they had found their fan base early it would have gone much better, but overall it's a fairly smart comedy/romance ;)

I just love Levi so much... he's truly a geek I'd love to be friends with

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i'm glad that you did. NBC are dumb as fuq handling their shows

i read somewhere that they might make a chuck movie