1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Series] Chuck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DudeWah, Dec 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Seems like this show has lost a few followers, the last couple episodes have been classic Chuck, for anyone who has given up on the show, watch them.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I just watched it on my DVR. After seeing Chuck use the intersect to gain martial arts skills for the umpteenth time, I started to think how at some point they'll get rid of the intersect permanently. After all, the show is more about the characters now than just Chuck being the intersect and ditching the intersect would be another step in Chuck becoming a "real" spy. I didn't think they'd ditch it the same episode though.

Yeah, I know. He's going to get it back soon enough with whatever is is his dad left in Ellie's car.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^When Chuck became Neo, I thought they would mix it up on his intersect skills instead of spamming kung fu.

Who thought the Mustang would make Ellie flash?... Or have Quantum Leap be Kit?

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

After a dull few episodes, this season is looking good.

though i wish they'd stop with the "he has the instersect, now he's lost it, now he's getting it again!" thing....

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

This will be the last time for it...
    once they get it back there's no going back. The research is destroyed, his father is dead and the car is "the last best hope for the intersect project" :)

I still need to buy season 2 on dvd... or bluray... but I'm waiting until Christmas in case someone wants to purchase it as a gift... since they all know I want it.

Does anyone know if the second season discs have anything special on them?

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Anyone catch tonight's episode? I thought it was a great episode, there is always something to keep me hooked..

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've got the last 10 episodes on DVR. One of these days I'll get around to them.

8. Pete Chilcutt

The last 4 or 5 episodes have been real good.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They're doing a pretty good job at keeping you hooked with multiple storylines.

That said, the Jeffster portion is so incredibly annoying that I've started fast forwarding through them.

10. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I know what you mean, I just can't put my finger on it...

[​IMG]

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I wish I could put my finger on it. :grin:

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just watched this week's episode. That was about as good as it could be. Seems like that was another possible season finale. It's going to be hard to top it but I've rarely been disappointed in the past.

13. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Ya it was supposed to be a potential series finale. NBC originally ordered a 13 episode season (last night was #13); they later ordered an additional 11 episodes after the first 13 had been cast/written/shot. That's why a lot of major story lines closed then.

14. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I don't understand why they keep doing this. They did this last season in the episode where Chuck "kills" Brand Routh was supposed to be a potential series finale.

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's not by design. The show is always teetering on the brink of cancellation. It's a fanboy/cult-classic type show that doesn't appeal to many demographics. They've barely managed to stave off cancellation several times with the Subway $5 footlong campaign and fan write in's.

Because of that, the writers always write a potential series ending at the end of however many episodes they're currently contracted for so that if the series doesn't get renewed the story doesn't end abruptly/mysteriously.

It does bother me that crappy generic-joke shows like Two and Half Men get such high ratings while more entertaining shows like Chuck always have to fight off cancellation. You can bet that the second NBC finds a show that can even slightly outdo Chuck in the ratings, Chuck'll be cancelled.

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Didn't really keep up with this season, off and on, but did watch the last episode, the show is past its expiry date, they need to end it.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Crappy generic jokes keeps the aging mainstream happy.

[​IMG]

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

disagree. And i'm guessing the opinions of people who DID keep up with the season are more valid than from those that didn't? (though I guess there is a reason you aren't watching.. but maybe you just got busy, I don't know)

19. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

How can you say it needs to end when you barely saw any of this season? Last season was probably the best of them all, but this season has been well above average and there's still 9 more episodes to decide whether or not NBC should end it. I'll be disappointed if they give it the boot.

20. Pete Chilcutt

Chuck has been great all season, I actually think this season is better than last season.

I think it will be renewed, Chuck has some of the most loyal fans, and I hope NBC realizes that.