1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Series] Chuck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DudeWah, Dec 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

GREAT episode!! Chuck is such an awesome and more importantly CONSISTENT show unlike so many others. It encompasses humor, action, romance and there's a good balance of it all. Wish it got more than the paltry 5-6 million viewers it's been getting :(

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, they kind of took care of that last night. While the main cast is still in tact, an important character is gone...maybe.

For the most part, it was a fantastic ending to the season. It was certainly set up like a potential series finale. They probably had it ready to not have Chuck get that text in the end if the show wasn't coming back and probably had some alternate ending ready.

There was some corny-ness I could have done without. Personally, I'm tired of the whole Jeffster thing. It's not funny anymore and is just getting creepier by the episode. I don't know where they're going with that side of the show since the Buymore is no more, but it wouldn't kill me to see them not be back. The only other thing I had a slight issue with was how easy it was for Chuck to change his dad's mind and get him to turn around.

I wonder how many episodes in to next season it will be before we see Shaw again.

It's one of the best shows running and I can't wait for season 4. Looks like it should only get more interesting. I think dantonv08 is possibly right in that he might be some kind of vigilante...at the same time watching the backs of Casey and Sarah.

3. Major

Major Member

I love how this show keeps planning for it's demise. This is the 3rd time we've had an episode that could serve as a series finale (take away the last minute of this one). It's great in that it really forces them to keep the story moving along instead of just dragging out single plotlines for years.

4. leroy

Right. It's the only way that explains why they would have blown his cover to his family entirely this season. Any other show that's planning a long drawn out run would have kept it going and going and going. The show gets to keep moving on to bigger and better. I kind of hope they remain on the bubble every year so that they don't get comfortable enough to try and draw things out.

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Just a reminder

Season 4 beings September 20th. :)

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The last couple of episodes I saw were so bad, I didn't bother to watch the last 2 or 3. Someone mentioned earlier the network surprised the writers by ordering 4-5 more episodes for last season after Chuck and Sarah became official. It really showed. :( Season 3 should have ended as originally scheduled.

I'll get on Hulu.com before September 20th and finish up. The new season needs a strong start.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The last two episodes of last season were good.. the two or three before that not as much.

I'm looking forward to the new season and I've seen some decent spoilers so hopefully they will live up to their potential.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

That premiere was lacking after last season ended on such a high note. The episode felt rushed. I kind of got the vibe the show will be cancelled sooner rather than later.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Same here. Sadly it seems like Chuck is doomed for a cancellation :(

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

All the players seemed to be phoning it in as well, acting wise. Just seemed like they were going through the motions. I hope it gets better but this first episode was very meh.

11. Pete Chilcutt

How do you guys feel as the season has gone on?

Chuck got an extra 11 episodes picked up for the season.

I think it's getting better and better, season 2 was still my favorite.

12. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I haven't caught the most recent episode but I haven't enjoyed this season that much. I guess I liked it better when he was the intersect without the super spy powers and his family/friends didn't know his true indentity. I thought it was better when Chuck and Sarah weren't together and had the sexual tension between them.

I know the writers were kind of a tough spot because they didn't know if the show was going to be renewed or not so they had to wrap it up last season as if it was the final episode.

13. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

First few episodes weren't good. Last week's was much needed step forward in the story lines. Let's hope it keeps getting better.

I'm glad it was picked up to run a full 24 episodes this season though.

14. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Season 3 has been very up and down with me, and I've actually found myself fast forwarding through several crappy scenes, which never happened in the first two seasons, so I'm really hoping that it picks back up and stays that way.

15. GRENDEL

This season has kind of been ho hum for me, just get to Chuck's mom already and move the plot foward, otherwise we are stuck with threats of the week episodes

16. leroy

Looks like that happens next week.

It's been kind of ho-hum for me, too. The one thing I'm glad about is that, other than this last episode, they haven't gone to "the non-spy Morgan saves the day while Chuck and Sara work out their issues." It looked at one point like they were going there too much.

I still love the show and will still watch every week. I'm glad it got picked up. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I'm betting on his mom still working for the CIA from the inside of Volkoff.

17. leroy

Probably the best episode of the season to this point last night. Good action and enough twists to liven things up from where they were.

House of Terror was hilarious.

Is it a baby or a snail?

18. GRENDEL

I agree it was far more interesting than the previous episodes this seasons, I enjoyed it.

19. Pete Chilcutt

Yeah I agree, finally seems to have gotten going.

Can't wait untill next week

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I must be in the minority, I've enjoyed all the episodes this season.

I was excited to finally get the "Chuck's Mom" storyline going though. :)