1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Series] Chuck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DudeWah, Dec 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

THE best episode. It had it all. The only think I'm not entirely crazy about going forward is...

Morgan being a spy. It's kind of cheezy and only adds a Stooges element to the show that I don't think is necessary. I don't want every episode to turn into "How can Morgan screw things up for Chuck to fix, only to have Morgan stumble into the solution?"

The last episodes of the season are going to have to be good to top that. If they manage, imagine how good the season finale is going to be. NBC has to bring it back. Some shows just need a bit of patience...a la Cheers, MASH, etc. I realize those were different times, but NBC clearly needs to try to do something different. They need some stability outside of Thursday night. It would probably be helpful if they'd move Chuck out of the 7 pm slot. I'd be willing to bet ratings go up considerably if it was an hour later. I know I wouldn't have to DVR it every time so I can see it after my 10 month old goes to bed.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Which is what Chuck did before he became an official spy. It brings that element back. Most watchers say they like change, but don't want enough change to ruin the formula.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think that spoiler can be addressed.. it is two days after the episode aired.

Actually, if treated right that storyline could be very effective. Just like the kung fu movie bits that were in the last episode... Morgan is even more of a dork than Chuck was.. and he's not as intelligent. I can absolutely see it working, especially if they make Chuck less geeky now that he has an "Awesome" girlfriend ;)

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I doubt Shaw is gone, I believe he's going to be back for the last episode or two, hope this does not ruin it for anyone, only a hunch. He fell in a river.....kinda made it obvious. As far as Morgan being a spy, I think its great as he fills in the role of the screw up. I believe it'll be Chucks job to save the day....

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Well... The final episode of the season is titled Chuck vs. The Living Dead. Either Shaw is still alive, or somehow Bryce Larkin comes back. I'm more inclined to say it's Shaw.

I'm a little miffed at how they handled the Shaw turning situation. I think if Chuck was called up for a real full season they could have played it out more. A person like Shaw, that is that methodical and planned would not turn so easily. I think they did it more so the fans could their fill of Sarah and Chuck.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Here's a hint. If you have to say "hope this does not ruin it for anyone", use a spoiler tag. Maybe I'm dumb, but I hadn't thought of that possibility

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

My bad...I didn't know the title of the last episode, regardless I should have used the spoiler.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Gives the fans some resolution, in case the show gets axed. Remember that this was the original potential end, until they got extended another 6 shows.

9. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

The season finale will be 2 hours long and consist of
    ep. 18 Chuck vs. The Subway and ep. 19 Chuck vs. The Ring: Part 2.
    As for the episode you mentioned, that's the 17th episode and I'd bet it has to do with
    Chuck's dad. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he die in season 2? Maybe that's what we saw in the teasers for the rest of the season.

10. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

It was only expected to be the season finale, not for the series.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

No he didn't... he was there at the end for Ellie and Awesome's wedding.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The show was nearly canceled last season and there's still a very real possibility that the show would be canceled after this season. So, just in case it does get canceled, it would be nice if there was some kind of closure on the series as a whole.

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I finally caught up with the episodes...man I can't wait for the next episode!

Here is some good news hopefully for a season 4 guys...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ak-talks-romance-chucks-dad-and-season-4.html

Click the link for the entire interview...

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That reminds me, after a 3 week hiatus, Chuck is back with a new episode on Monday.

15. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

dang she's hot as a drunk texan lady

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

This episode was probably the weakest one this year, they've got to develop some other hook now that the sara-chuck relationship has changed. The Morgan angle seems like a do-over....the next few episodes will tell us if this show will last or not...IMO.

17. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

I agree, now they need another central storyline to lead up to the season finale. This episode felt like just continuing the tale without introducing anything new, though it is kind of a fresh change and a fanservice type of episode :grin:

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Agreed, the whole episode was just kind of eh, well see who the rest of the season goes.

19. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

20. lalala902102001

I always wonder how accurate those rating systems are. I've been explained the reasoning behind it multiple times but I sitll don't get it.

I think that if the 4/5 episode was the Chuck series finale it would have been perfect. It's interesting to see how they continue the show now that Chuck and Sarah have finally got together (sort of).