1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[TV] Olajuwon, Kenny Smith on Spike's Pro vs. Joes tongiht

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tb-Cain, Jul 21, 2010.

1. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

no defense on the wings. dream got tired and didn't have legs to shoot ft. rick fox can shoot but that's it. dreams post up moves were classic. when the guards can't penetrate cuz their too old the game changes and the nfl players have a major speed adv. no foul calls on dream?
    make no mistake, the nfl players that played could have competed in the nfl. TO can ball and those nfl players can all shoot.

2. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

man, seeing a prime dream, he would dunked on all those nba fools.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wouldn't have even been a contest. Hell he's nearly 50 now and they really had no chance

4. VanityHalfBlack

They should have filmed this like an actual live game instead of the quick cuts and editing making it look like an "American Gladiator" type game show...

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well Rick Fox is younger and should have put a hand in the face of these guys at least.

Kenny can still shoot. I think he would have been a top point guard in the league today with the no hand check rule.

yeah, it's sad to think Dream doesn't dunk :eek:

all of those guys nfl guys played college ball anyways and they got spotted 3 points.

6. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I almost creamed in my pants when Hakeem caught the ball down low n started backing in on his defender then let The Dream Shake fly.... :cool:

7. monster

monster Member

I was disappointed to see the guys look so bad, but they're getting old. Also, McNabb, Owens and Gates were pretty darn good. McNabb and Owens were raining 3's. Fun to watch....good to see Dream on the court. Kenny's form is unmistakable.

8. Dream Shake 81

Mann! what an awesome game to watch! Down in the left hand corner-He shakes, he bakes, he spins ohhhhhhhhh Olajuwon!!

Mannn- memories!

He missed a lot of Fthrows tho. Good to see Hakeem!

9. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, no kidding. Last year during one of those stupid all-star game events TO was going in for a wide open lay-up/dunk and Clyde chased him down and sent the ball into the stands.

Clyde's jumper was rough though. Somethings never change, LOL.

10. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Anyone have a download link, the online stream is not allowed to be viewed in my area :(

11. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

I'm mostly impressed with Kenny- he hit a lot of 3's for an old dude. He clearly does some regular practicing still.

Can we trade ARiza for him?

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

McNabb, TO, and Gates all played D-1 basketball. Those pros were old, actually I'm sure a lot of D-1 tandems currently could beat these pros.

13. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LyL53sJXBlw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LyL53sJXBlw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

clyde!

14. He15man23

He15man23 Member

Thought the show was awesome. Dream tore it up.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I just watched it. I'm kinda pissed off like it was an old Rocket loss in the playoffs or something. Oh well, good to see Dream and Kenny play well.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't like how it ended but still pretty fun to watch. I had a flashback to the Rockets' championship run when Dream was being swarmed on and he kicked it out to Kenny for a three. I almost raised my arms ala Rudy T at that moment and yelled "HOW SWEET IT IS!"

Dream, Kenny and Fox definitely showed their age and as sad as it is this will put to rest any CF.net fantasies of having Dream come back and play 10 minutes per game as a back up. If he's getting gassed playing half court 3 on 3 there is no way he could handle 10 min in a full NBA game.

Still great to see him out there putting Dream shakes on.

As for the NFL guys those guys could certainly play D-1 and TO with some more practice could probably come off the bench as a shooting guard for an NBA team. He's got the hops, the speed, the quickness and not a bad shooting touch. On top of that compared to many wings it looks like he would be willing to hustle on D. McNabb doesn't look like he has the type of quickness anymore for the NBA but has a sweet shooting touch from long range and a nice feel for the passing game, to be expected for an All-Pro QB. Gates has some nice hands, plenty of strength and a willingness to bang around. If he was taller he might make an NBA forward.

One other thing did anyone else notice Rick Fox flopping during the cut throat challenge? I guess once a dirty player always a dirty player.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think the announcers said at least one of them played some college basketball... I don't know which of the three though.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all 3 played college ball.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. These guys weren't average joes in the sense of the word. Not only are they professional athletes in top shape and the prime of their lives but also played B-ball at a very high level of competition. Its not surprising that they beat out retired NBA vets who are on average more than 10 years older.

20. GetRed

GetRed Member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!