1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] O.J.: Made in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theDude, Jun 6, 2016.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More than anything else, his lawyers showed that the LAPD did not handle the crime scene and evidence appropriately. They were on trial as much as O.J. And I tend to agree with the jury that if you allow them to be that careless, you end up convicting innocent people, which is more egrigious than letting the guilty go free.

Any other reviews from those outside the Houston market who were able to watch it tonight?

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Due to the news coverage on today's tragic event it looks like this is going to be preempted again

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...finally watched Part 1. Amazing. This is going to be so epic.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Episode 2 has been pretty interesting thus far tonight. Super in depth and the way the producer intertwined the OJ story with all the historical events and context is amazing.

5. Chamillionaire

6. PhiSlammaJamma

They did a nice job of interviewing people. A lot of the footage is just a montage of things we've already had access to, but the interviews do add some light.

I think my most shocking moment was when the racist cop Furman said that the entire Rodney King situation could have been avoided if they were allowed to choke Rodney instead of beat him. OMG! LAPD was insane.

I'd say interesting. but not groundbreaking. Probably overrated, but I will keep watching.

How did JVG not get his story in there, lol.

7. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

They released all of the episodes online on WatchESPN. You can also get the ESPN app and watch it on FireTV.

8. King of 40 Acres

I saw that too but want to build up the anticipation by waiting for each episode to air on ESPN/ABC.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

How did the Marcus Allen thing not get more attention in the past?

Looking forward to Part 3 tonight.

10. King of 40 Acres

Twitter / Facebook / TMZ didn't exist back then lol.

11. King of 40 Acres

Anyone else catch the Easter egg at the end of Part 2 when Nicole is on the phone with 911 and the camera zooms in on the kitchen counter and a bunch of kitchen knives? Pretty decent job of foreshadowing the inevitable murders coming up in Part 3.

12. Chamillionaire

13. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

This is one of the best documentaries I've seen. I was young when this was going on so I didn't quite grasp what was going on, but I love how each part was broken down, from the psychology of OJ in regards to the black movement to the progression of the LA riots, and Johnny Cochran's utilization of the rabble rousers...

They were able to get Mark Fuhrman and two of the jurors to speak on it...it was just so well executed.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I finished it off this weekend via on demand.....wife even said she felt bad for OJ in the end.....did remind her that he'd murdered two brutally.......

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Wow, they really got graphic with the murder photos. Didn't expect to see that.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Yes, I really wasn't expecting them to show her throat cut open like that. I was actually Googling it to see them, then they showed it.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Same here, it was brutal......