1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[tv] Late Night With Jimmy Fallon debuts tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Mar 2, 2009.

1. yo

yo Contributing Member

Does this guy HAVE to laugh? At everything? The intense scene with Ferrell, he just had to laugh of course. It would've been so much better if he could just keep a straight face. Send this guy to a class or something, he is just awful.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yeah he laughs a lot, but he's a talk show host now so it's not a big deal. Frankly, the laughing on SNL didn't bug me either as long as it was Horatio Sanz making him laugh. It reminded me of Tim Conway and Harvey Korman. Harvey Korman would bust up all the time and it was funny and memorable.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I second this.

Dude is flat out unwatchable.

He and Adam Sandler are the two most overrated comedians to ever walk off the set of SNL. Neither of them are funny. They just say and do unfunny things, following each unfunny thing with annoying laughter.

Both of them combined don't deserve to lick the scrotum of a reasonably talented comedian like Conan O'Brien or Andy Samberg.

I apologize, in advance, to all the Fallon/Sandler fanboys/fangirls.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not mind Adam Sandler most of the time, but Jimmy Fallon makes me want to spew...

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I dig the whole saved by the bell thing but fallon's show is awful. He seems to have the 2 biggest "stars" on board, I don't see why the others would be too hard to round up.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Agree about Conway and Korman. They used to crack me up on the Carol Burnett Show.

The thing with Fallon is that 99.999999% of the laughing was fake. Basically a copout to get a cheap laugh. "Man, this bit is bombing...the only way to save it is to break character and pretend to have uncontrollable laughter." If you watch the infamous cowbell skit, he does it there too and almost ruins the whole bit because the skit WASN'T bombing. And you can so tell the laughing is fake.

But he's not on the show anymore, so I guess that's neither here nor there.

I didn't watch Saved By The Bell, but I love that "Zach" did this. I hate it when actors think they are above even mentioning roles that made them famous - much less embracing them like "Zach" did.

Self depreciating humor is always a good thing.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Sadly, about 90% of this board has no idea who/what you are talking about.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

OK, I'm not a Fallon fan but I just happened to see him interview his old buddy Horatio Sanz. If he can get Horatio to be his permanent sidekick on the show, I could actually see this thing working out. Just my 2 cents.

9. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I saw the show also, you have a good idea. I'd support that.

10. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

New Jimmy Fallon fan here. Oh man he just did a duet with Hank!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4a388360a373dd4f/4727a250e66f9723/5378771f/-cpid/710c742f5cb0d1fe" id="W4727a250e66f97234a388360a373dd4f" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4a388360a373dd4f/4727a250e66f9723/5378771f/-cpid/710c742f5cb0d1fe" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

11. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

cocaine WAS a hell of a drug for jimmy. atleast he was kind of funny then

12. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I think it makes it funnier when they laugh... Especially when will ferrell was on... It really goes to show who is and isn't funny...

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Maybe he should just host the show as Barry F'in Gibb... he could be his own musical act, and the Barry Gibb talk show (which is the only consistently funny thing he has been in) will become a reality.

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Sanz has lost a lot of weight. I didn't even recognize him at first.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

what about self-deprecating humor?

I don't think it's safe to assume Fallon was laughing on purpose in order to save any bit from bombing. could you stand up there with Will Ferrell and Chris Walken and keep a straight face?

His new show is growing on me, like Conan's.

Leno will fail and Letterman is dead to me.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i caught an episode the other night where he was doing promos from all these different parts of the country...i laughed.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't know, I can just tell. When there are 6 people in the skit and he is the only one "losing it" I can see right through it.

Maybe, early in his SNL career, he really did lose it once and got a good laugh, so he figured he would make a habit out of it. Or perhaps he's seen too many Chris Farley skits - where David Spade REALLY DOES lose it - and tries to copy him, much like he copied Adam Sandler with the Weekend Update songs.

Just my flea bitten opinion though. To each his own.