1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Oct 6, 2018.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The language was not the issue it was claiming this stuff happens all the time in hollywood for no reason.

You don't know if they consulted with them or not, you don't know if she had been warned about stuff like this before.

You are making stuff up to fit your narrative.

In some states anybody can fire employees at will it's not just a conglomerate thing.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

enough debating and more petitioning for her brazzers debut

@VanityHalfBlack

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

She was juicing more than Sosa and McGuire.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

pics of gina juicing pls

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Pretty sure.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no narrative. This is a trend that is going to continue, I surely hope it won't grow to a 'pattern'.

(That said, I have no loyalty to Disney, Marvel or Gina Carano herself. To all the participants. So whatever 'narrative' you are talking about, I do not comprehend it one iota. It is called 'a personal opinion', look it up.)

Name one other company that is not Disney affiliated or got nothing to do with Disney that has the brand 'Family entertainment' and 'Superhero entertainment' monopolized like this?

They are buying other companies left and right.

And no Warner Brothers are not on the same level.

They can literally do whatever they want.

The question here is ------ Do they exercise their influence in that direction ---------- literally do whatever they want?

My stance was that the cancel culture is at its forefront, especially in these times of social unrest and a pandemic.

With America and the rest of the world this divided, more and more 'controversial' topics will be addressed by entertainment people, that is a given.

To my understanding, Disney has monopolized themselves to the point that they can take a minor hit like a controversial GINA Carano.
    It won't harm their business to a large degree.

But they chose not to defend her, that's their right. They do not need any actors to do well with their 'fanbase', that is how mighty Disney has become.

I am just worried that Disney makes decisions for other companies that have been independent ages ago, like Lucas Arts and Entertainment, like Marvel, like Pixar, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, the Tron saga etc.
    (Some of them did not have to be PG13 when they did not feel to when they were independent)

That is how regimes do their thing. And yes, Hollywood is political.

While Gina Carano's choice of words and tweets were highly inappropriate, she basically said that what I did, that some studios like Disney or the broader media are behaving like tyrants.

I just did it without trying to mention the Holocaust.

And you can't voice opinions freely in this society without major repercussions. This is what it has come to.

#527 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

probably has a thing or two to do with covid and kids staying home bored out of their heads

King1, justtxyank and Jontro like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes that is fair.

ths balla likes this.
  11. justtxyank

You have never been able to voice opinions in society without repercussions. The only thing that is changing now is that previously allowed things, like harassing women, insulting gay people, anti-semitism, etc. are becoming problematic and that's making people uncomfortable. But go back to the 1980s and tell a gay person that he could be open about his homosexuality without repercussion. Go tell actors in the mid 1900s that they could think communism was the best form of government without repercussion. Shoot, go tell a woman in the 1980s that she can have the opinion that her boss wasn't allowed to harass her without repercussion lol.

It's rocky now because people who have gone their whole lives thinking it was fine to have "those" types of opinions are suddenly facing backlash and they don't like it. But the people who are mad about "cancel culture" sure didn't mind it when Dixie Chicks got kicked off the radio, wanted to boycott Susan Sarandon and Robbins in the 2000s, Jane Fonda should never be allowed to work, WWF should be taken off air because it was raunchy, etc. etc. etc.

Amiga and robbie380 like this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was going to get offended but then I saw he has his pronouns in his name so I am not offended anymore. I feel like I am wrapped in a safe warm blanket of non-threatening pronouns and I am at peace. Thank you Pedro.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yup people forget how things were back less than 20 years ago. Back then it was the right with the power throwing hissy fits over any little indecent offensive thing. They needed to censor and morally police everything or it would damage the kids....oh the poor kids! Now the pendulum has swung so that the left has power on these moral issues and they are the ones crying over everything and trying to control things thru censorship.

I still remember the story of John Ashcroft covering up nude sculptures lol https://napavalleyregister.com/news...cle_8e1035cb-b15b-507b-af17-9de4004b2807.html The right was constantly trying to take Howard Stern off the air for dildos and poop and Clear Channel and Viacom was being fined millions for his indecency.

Amiga and justtxyank like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She was saying she felt like a Jewish person around that time, how is that anti semitism? The Jewish person in that video said he didn't feel offended.

Or is it just some people trying to over-sensitize agendas/making things taboo overly much because the world is in shambles?

Creating a new 'enemy' every single 'woke' hour. Because people are too lazy to dig deeper, and hastily to put a label on it?

Look, everyone got their opinion, you can DM me anytime, because I think this shouldn't be discussed or being put in here.

I put it out there, for anyone who wants to talk. I learned my lesson.

#534 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  15. justtxyank

1) I didn't say she was an anti-Semite, just like she didn't harass women. (That I know of I guess?) I was listing some of the things that have been very acceptable that have suddenly become problematic.
    2) She did post an antisemitic cartoon in November. She claimed she didn't know that it was, but it was the same cartoon that Ice T posted and got "in trouble" for.

Right, sure, maybe that's what it is. Typically these things go overboard. Women didn't have a voice against harassment for so long that when they finally get it, they go overboard in their retaliation. That's typically what happens when people finally get the ability to extract justice. They go too far.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no cancel culture, there is a be respectful one and consequences for being stupid. Remember, if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything.

We are finally seeing consequences for racism and mysoginy, and being an *******, and some folks are trying to hide behind a slogan, instead of dealing with the truth.

I for one welcome back decency.

DD

VanityHalfBlack and VooDooPope like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Social media shrinks planetary society to a village well where everyone paints a picture that lasts forever. You **** up bad, you're going to pay for it forever.

People are forgiving but there's an acceptable isolation penalty time. You murder someone, you best be gone 20+ years and come back saving babies from fires every day. You make a comparison to genocide, you'd better come back a reformed, contrite nun in five years.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Well, this thread jumped straight to D&D

This guy is damn annoying. I thought I had the playback speed at 1.25x. Nope, just annoying like a chipmunk. Facepunch.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It doesn't last forever, but it is up forever, it does mean you should be more careful of what you say, and that things stay up or are searchable forever...

And still, it applies....if you don't have something nice to say........

And in this case they literally warned her she was violating her contract and to stop on social media as it was a violation, she went ahead anyway - she deserved to get fired.

If you violate the decency clause in your Disney contract you get run - consequences for her actions.

Wooden actress anyway - let's find someone that can actually act.

DD

Xerobull likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member