1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm pretty sure Ahsoka was planned since the inception of the show, it was obvious they were going the Jedi&Mandalorian route from the very beginning.

The inclusion of the Dark Saber also cemented a return of Bo and Ahsoka, the Mandalorian obviously is meant to build on the Clone Wars&Rebels.

From what actors said, season 3 is where the true story and real scope of the show begin, so it seems they have things planned out already and aren't half-assing this on the fly like in the Sequels.

This wouldn't be the first time they ditched canon, and the sequels have horrible fan feedback (they halted absolutely everything and revamped the entire schedule and plans after Episode 8&9).

It would be a huge undertaking definitely, so I agree that something like Baby Yoda already having moved on from Luke by the time of the Sequels is more likely. If that is the case, I still hope they don't include any of the Sequels stuff anymore and have future plot disconnected from that mess.

Maybe have Baby Yoda go on a journey to another part of the Universe (his home planet or whatever) while the Sequels take place, and then have him come back to rebuild the Jedi Order after the Emperor has been killed by Rey.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

unlikely (IMO) The Mandalorian has single-handily revamped the entire Star Wars universe. I think they continue to use it to rehabilitate failed franchise like the sequels.

MightyMog and mikol13 like this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It just seems to be hard to implement, as Baby Yoda becoming powerful would make it very hard to explain why they needed some untrained random girl like Rey to save the galaxy.
    And it's also weird that Luke would never mention him in the sequels although someone of Yoda's species should turn into an absolute powerhouse.

Him (Baby Yoda) searching other parts of the Universe (like some training adventure) and them entirely making the Sequels Skywalker plot an afterthought would be the only reasonable approach to set up the future story after the Emperor dies.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anything can be explained away in this universe. They will now have multiple spinoff shows that could explain all sorts of stuff in the sequels that everyone hates. They already kind of started it in the Mandalorian with the Snoak-ish looking clones m-count tease.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Tears. Beautiful. Felt the same way i did as a kid. The magic of SW is back at last.

Xerobull, Deuce, RockFanFirst and 7 others like this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize by the time of Episode 7, Grogu would basically be a pre-teen, maturity-wise, based on our understanding of his species (Yoda was 900/Grogu is around 50). He would not be a POWERFUL Jedi in the grand scheme of things.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not really, Baby Yoda is 50yrs old in Mandalorian and 80yrs old by episode 9.

Meanwhile, Yoda already was a Jedi Master and teacher at Coruscant at age 100.

So we have to assume the species has a long childhood and grows really fast somewhere around 50-100.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just realized
    mark Hamill is credited. So they digitally altered his voice and his face? I feel like deepfakes on YouTube look better than studios are doing with cgi [\spoiler]

TWS1986 likes this.
  9. Beezy

Beezy Member

I laughed at the dark trooper dubstep.

Invisible Fan and TWS1986 like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's interesting. Although i can imagine Yoda being a sort of prodigy of the force and 100 still being very young for the species and given Grogus lack of training and totally closing off his connection to the force, it's easy to see he's far behind Yoda and can't achieve as much as Yoda did. I can picture 100 being teenage equivalent years and Yoda was a boy wonder basically.

I don't know anything about Yoda from comics or novels though. All i know from Yoda is the movies or animated series only.

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Is it safe to say Yoda at over 900 years old in ESB would be equivalent to a 90 year old man? So every 100=a decade of human life equivalent? So right now Grogu is like a 5 year old toddler?

RockFanFirst and Jontro like this.
  12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Have you thought about something stronger than midol?

RunninRaven, CCorn, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

That’s exactly what retconning is. If you can’t delete the sequels or reboot them, you have to retcon as much as you can, and that’s exactly what Filoni, Favreau, and Lucas have been tasked to do.

MightyMog and Yung-T like this.
  14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Awesome finale

MightyMog and Caesar like this.
  15. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

Lets just pretend those last 3 never happened lol

Yung-T likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

what last 3? the hayden christensen series? the originals with mark hamill?

17. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

The Rey saga

Caesar likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

what's that? never heard of it. @Yung-T @TWS1986 you brehs know anything about this rey thing?

MightyMog, TWS1986, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haha. That CGI was teeerrrrriiiiiibbbbllllleeeeee.

I wish it was just any Jedi and not this.

I couldn't stop laughing every single close up at how bad it looked.

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Thank you Filoni, Favreau and Pedro!!!

You literally saved the Star Wars franchise!!!

I want more of the spin offs and stories if they are this type of quality!!!

I immediately forgot the horrible sequels, especially Rian’s Version “the last Jedi” that literally made me want to give up Star Wars!!

Caesar and TWS1986 like this.