1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[tv] Community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Sep 17, 2009.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and all of them are hot too.

It kind of makes me hate his character some.

Still my favorite comedy easily.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

YES!

I dunno what they were doing pairing Annie and Jeff though. In the show, Annie is supposed to be like, 19/20 ish. It's legal, but its just...weird.

And the Modern Warfare episode was probably the best episode out of every single show I've seen this season.

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I for some reason have watched every episode of this show. Honestly it really isn't that funny. I like it but the humor is more dumb humor that funny humor. I will still watch it though. I do like how they throw in all the cliche movie themes and stuff though.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I saw this episode and it was ok, so I gave the show another chance the past couple weeks. I still don't get the praise, I really don't find the show very funny

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

The thing about Community is that when it's on, it's incredibly smart, layered and funny. There's about 6 episodes from this year (Halloween, Christmas, Romantic Expressionism where Annie starts dating Vaughn, Billiards ep, Chicken Fingers, Modern Warfare) that pretty much crushes any other show's top 6 eps. But since the show is so much about playing around with conventions and subverting them, things can fall flat or feel forced if it isn't handled perfectly.

That being said, I do love the chemistry of the group and all the different character pairings. The cast is extremely talented and often times elevates the material or makes it work in the first place. For instance 4th and 5th billed Danny Pudi and Donald Glover are always surprising me with their delivery or timing.

Group chemistry is actually my biggest worry after this Jeff/Annie plot development. I don't know how far they're going to go with it, but creating an in-group love triangle is playing with fire. Story options, character development and character pairings can deteriorate in a hurry unless they handle things perfectly.

It's amazing how things change in a week. Community will be going head-to-head vs Big Bang Theory next year, and they made a very risky play with Jeff/Annie. Couple that with Parks and Rec being banished to mid-season, and things couldn't have gone worse for my favorite hour of tv.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What is this? I have not heard of this

7. m_cable

Parks and Rec is being moved to mid-season (January/February) to make way on the NBC Thursday schedule for a new show called Outsourced. It's about a midwestern guy who moves to India to train his company's customer service dept which has been outsourced to that country. Here's the schedule:

8:00 Community
    8:30 30 Rock
    9:00 The Office
    9:30 Outsourced

The clips I've seen of Outsourced look terrible. Here's hoping it gets canceled early and Parks and Rec gets put where it should have been the whole time, behind the office. Community and 30 rock would appear to be a better match tone-wise and obviously the office and p/r are spiritual siblings.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

WTF!!!! That seriously pisses me off, Parks is the best comedy on network tv, I guess I am now done with NBC, what a joke of a network

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

According to what I saw, Parks and Rec is only being bumped for the first few weeks of the season to give this new show a shot, and then its scheduled to be back on Thursday Nights sometime later in the season

10. m_cable

I think that's just wishful thinking from some columnists/bloggers. I even read a piece that theorized that NBC was crafting some Machiavellian ploy to pump up P/R and giving them the post office timeslot without raising the ire of Lorne Michaels and the 30 rock people. That sounded like a brilliant move, until I realized that we're talking about NBC here.

So the most mis-managed network of the past decade is going to be saavy and ballsy enough to pull off that switcheroo. This is the network that greenlit an entire season of Kath & Kim and thought it was a good idea to move Leno to 10 pm. Not exactly faith-inspiring.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You've convinced me.

Can't argue with reason.

****in NBC.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I didn't like the final episode at all. The writers destroyed the sexual tension between Britta and Jeff (which was one of the funny elements of the show), and created a new plot involving Annie and Jeff. This is a comedy. Not 90210.

13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I enjoyed that episode with the paintball war going on.

14. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Pork her and move on?

[​IMG]

15. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

It isn't really new. I mean they've kissed before and showed interest in eachother. It's just Jeff was too busy with Britta and the Professior. Personally I think he should get with Annie. She is hotter than the other 2 put together.

16. University Blue

Community goes up against Big Bang Theory next season. HCC vs MIT.

17. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

What's Big Bang Theory?

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

My favorite comedy tv show now!

I love it, its sooo funny!

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

a ridiculous sitcom. So many people loved it that I started watching it this season. Every 3rd epsiode is semi-funny... I can't figure out why people are saying it's one of the greatest things on TV

20. University Blue

Well, you have more opportunity to figure it out -- BBT just signed the largest syndication contract ... in history. Bazinga!