1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[tv] Community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

IMO the best show on NBC Thursday night...better than Office, better than 30 Rock, tied with Parks and Rec.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Parks and Rec has been far more consistent, IMO. Community is really good and I'm a fan but there are a few episodes that fall kind of flat.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well it'll be John Woo mixed with Die Hard, Matrix, Terminator, and pretty much any action cliche you can think of. So yeah, I think it'll be a blast.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, really looking foward to it!

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Really? I've seen every episode of Community and I have to disagree. The show has its moments but overall, its a pretty bad show. Senior Chang is a hilarious character but I'm honestly not sure why I continue to watch it.

6. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

I watched the first half of the season in one night and at first, I didn't get what all the fuss was about. Then came the Halloween episode with Abed as Batman and I was rolling on the floor laughing. I've been a fan since. Abed and Pierce make the show for me.

Some of the jokes get better when watched the second time. I sometimes have trouble with the more obscure movie/pop culture references but they usually are hilarious.

7. m_cable

Wait, you've seen every single episode and you think it's a pretty bad show? I mean, people are entitled to their opinion but that astounds me. I can name four Community episodes that are funnier than any other show I've seen all year (The Halloween and Christmas eps, Romantic Expressionism where Troy hits on Annie and the group ponders their sexual prospects, and the Pool/Don Draper ep). And that pool episode was the best episode of any show I've seen in recent years (the only other contender from the past few years would be the "Lizing" episode of 30 rock from last year).

8. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

That was pretty much awesome.

Chang stole the show (again) in the end. :grin:

I guess I have to start watching more action movies, though. Some of these spoofs felt so familiar but I couldn't place them and It drove me mad.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

that was a beast of an episode

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I think Community is a little cheesy at times, but overall I like the show. Tonight was good.

11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Hilarious episode.

I was a little disappointed there were no white doves when Chang walked in.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Community was funny as **** tonight.

A+ episode.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Damn all this talk has really piqued my interest for this episode. For some reason I stopped watching most comedies since New Years. I gotta check this out tomorrow.

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Britta > Annie

I used to be an Annie fan.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i'll still go annie

16. liljojo

liljojo Member

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGx_1TswEXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGx_1TswEXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

no need to take sides.

just appreciate...

17. m_cable

The episode was as good as advertised. I like how the sitcom format forced them to squeeze as much action as possible into the short run time (22 minutes). That was pretty much wall-to-wall awesome.

18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

You wouldn't get their complex jokes...

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

wow, which episode was that from? i just went from six to midnight

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I gotta say this was probably one of the best episodes of a sitcom ever period. Everything about it just worked.

Even though it was an event episode that was basically a parody of multiple action/war/post apocalypse/dystopia type movies they still managed to advance the story of the show forward as it pertains to Jeff and Britta.

Some of the highlights you guys haven't mentioned:

"Come with me if you don't want to get paint on your clothes."

The sitting around a fire as soldiers talk about what they're going to do after the war scene.

The absolutely awesome digs at that stupid show Glee: "Write some original songs!"

The Warriors reference: "*clink**clink**clink* Study group, come out aaaand plaaaay."

Die Hard and Rambo combined reference at the end.

"Pierce, don't come over here."

In a better world this would be an Emmy winning episode.